Better stock up on your smokes..............

Help Support CattleToday:

Bestoutwest":34lnc7vx said:
Aaron":34lnc7vx said:
So of course, to be fair, they must be looking to downgrade the percentage of alcohol in booze right? Or are they going to cherry-pick the sins?

Too much alcohol leads to cirrosis of the liver, and maybe a couple more that I've forgotten. Smoking leads to cancer heart disease, COPD, atherosclerosis and all sorts of other diseases. However, I've often thought alcohol's legality was hypocritical vs marijuana.

When any Tom Dick or Harry can grow pot in their backyard it just makes it easier for the tax man to tax the alcohol monopoly.

Anyone remember when you had to sign a sheet at the grocery store if you bought more than ten pounds of sugar so they could report you to the ATF?

Not a Carter fan but at least he passed a law allowing citizens to make wine and beer in the '80's. Limit of 250 gallons because anything over this will make you blind unless you pay the $10,000 production tax and then its safe.

Had this law not been changed I wouldn't be enjoying this brew today. Its name is Fencebuster and with this name you are correct if you suspect its a far cry from anything you can buy in Oklahoma or Georgia for that matter. :mrgreen:

20374735_1223948084377842_5461499669622684742_n.jpg

Jogeephus":ua5bzx7w said:
Bestoutwest":ua5bzx7w said:
Aaron":ua5bzx7w said:
So of course, to be fair, they must be looking to downgrade the percentage of alcohol in booze right? Or are they going to cherry-pick the sins?

Too much alcohol leads to cirrosis of the liver, and maybe a couple more that I've forgotten. Smoking leads to cancer heart disease, COPD, atherosclerosis and all sorts of other diseases. However, I've often thought alcohol's legality was hypocritical vs marijuana.

When any Tom Dick or Harry can grow pot in their backyard it just makes it easier for the tax man to tax the alcohol monopoly.

Anyone remember when you had to sign a sheet at the grocery store if you bought more than ten pounds of sugar so they could report you to the ATF?

Not a Carter fan but at least he passed a law allowing citizens to make wine and beer in the '80's. Limit of 250 gallons because anything over this will make you blind unless you pay the $10,000 production tax and then its safe.

Had this law not been changed I wouldn't be enjoying this brew today. Its name is Fencebuster and with this name you are correct if you suspect its a far cry from anything you can buy in Oklahoma or Georgia for that matter. :mrgreen:

20374735_1223948084377842_5461499669622684742_n.jpg

Commendable! The name might not be wise but I bet the beer is good. :hat:

You two must have been childhood friends. Naming important things in each other's honor!

Just as toking in public places is unappealing to people who don't have breathing problems.
I do my darndest to be downwind of people when I smoke, but any person who lives in a city with a darned cloud of smog over it oughtn't blame a smoker 100 ft away for their breathing problems

Still fresh/sealed in the can from 1989.....I'm thinking the price will be going up

rX1pieR.jpg

I don't smoke and I don't drink unless its some type of special occasion. Never saw the whole point of it. I keep my money in my pocket. Some said it was to be cool, some said its because they're nervous, to have something to do, the flavor or taste, so on and so on. Personally, I think many don't have common good sense. I've raised enough tobacco and know what I put on it not to mention what the tobacco companies add to it. To me its common sense to not go around and suck up smoke through your lungs not to mention anything else that tobacco has on it. I'm not against smokers or drinkers as long as they are responsible with it.

FlyingLSimmentals":3b4q5c9g said:
I don't smoke and I don't drink unless its some type of special occasion. Never saw the whole point of it. I keep my money in my pocket. Some said it was to be cool, some said its because they're nervous, to have something to do, the flavor or taste, so on and so on. Personally, I think many don't have common good sense. I've raised enough tobacco and know what I put on it not to mention what the tobacco companies add to it. To me its common sense to not go around and suck up smoke through your lungs not to mention anything else that tobacco has on it. I'm not against smokers or drinkers as long as they are responsible with it.

Same here, been years since I have tasted any alcohol, and that was mainly just from some homemade wine, that we made just to try it. To me the negatives far out weigh any possible positives of drinking. Some of my close family members had serious drinking problems, and a friend was involved in a wreck that claimed someone's life.
I know what you mean about the tobacco. It's been 20+ years since I raised any tobacco, but can still remember sitting on the setter, right behind the water tank with a chemical that smelled like rotten cabbage. One year we had blue mold and sprayed it with a mixture with Clorox.

I spent most of my young life suffering from second hand smoke. Not from my non smoking parents, but from idiots who lit up at public places.. Our teachers were able to smoke in their lounge which, between classes, the hall was full of smoke. My parents couldn't go to a movie without coming back home smelling like a ashtray. People smoked on busses, airplanes, doctors office waiting rooms, everywhere... I had bad migraines for most of my young years until I finally figured it out. Was just about the same time when others found out and it got banned from public places. Its so nice now. I do though hate when I have to walk by a sad smoker when entering a building. Its like they want to annoy people. And its not just me.
Also, we live out in the middle of nowhere. I'm convinced that i'll know when someone has been creeping around checking the place out by cigarette buts. And if I ever walk into my house and smell an ashtray, i'll know someone is in there that shouldn't be. Yep, that's what i'm saying... People who do bad things usually smoke. Not saying people who smoke do bad things, but bad people almost always smoke.
Proud to say that we are a 100% smoke free family in all our branches. We did get a SIL who came into the family a smoker, but has since joined the smart and is now a nonsmoker.....and no we did not shame him into it, he joined on his own...we are very proud of him

When I smoked I noticed that many non-smokers were very judgmental toward us smokers.
Judging others is a bad thing.
Therefore I must conclude that non-smokers are doing a bad thing.
In fact I have noticed that since I quit smoking I sometimes tend to judge others who are not as sanctimonious as I am.
This is a bad thing.
Maybe I should start smoking again in order to be a better person. :???:

True story. When I was in my early 20s I went thru a serious health care. Dr. thought I had cancer (one of the ones that's only discovered at stage 4 and that has a 5 year survival rate of under 5%). I underwent exploratory surgery and came to in the oncology-surgery ward. My room was at the end of the hall by the smoking lounge. (This was late 80's). So as I lay in my bed in the onco ward for 3 days waiting to learn if I would live or die (of cancer!), I breathed in air that was fouler than a Dublin bar.

Now that Irish bars are smoke-free I'd love to go back. It took me a few months to get my lung function back after a trip there years ago. Just got back from Switzerland and was surprised by the high numbers of smokers. Hiked up 4 hours to a mountain hut, got there, and the guy right behind me on the trail came in and proceeded to chainsmoke while I was trying to enjoy the view and fresh air. On the one hand, I was PO'd. On the other hand, I was impressed by his lungs!

Ryder":j9i6fp1f said:
When I smoked I noticed that many non-smokers were very judgmental toward us smokers.
Judging others is a bad thing.
Therefore I must conclude that non-smokers are doing a bad thing.
In fact I have noticed that since I quit smoking I sometimes tend to judge others who are not as sanctimonious as I am.
This is a bad thing.
Maybe I should start smoking again in order to be a better person. :???:

:D :D ;-)

Workinonit Farm":3mfjzkkw said:
Rafter S":3mfjzkkw said:
I'm old enough to remember the doctor smoking in the examining room.

I remember that, as well.
Some planes still have ash trays....It wasn't that long ago but dang those planes must be old. Can you just imagine being canned up with smokers on a plane. Oh lort have mercy...
I remember back in grade school we did a paper on managing money and I remember cigarettes was one of the things to figure in.
I'll confess, I had a friend who smoked and she tried to get me to also. She smoked menthals.. I took a puff and it wasn't terrible. But after a whole cigarette I was puking like there was no tomorrow..That was the one thing that I think turned my life in a better direction. I wonder if I would have become hooked if it hadn't made me so sick..i was probably 14 and before I was able to connect the dots as to why I had migraines. They had to start banning it before I could figure out by getting away from it for any amount of time.
And i'm not judging smokers by saying not all smokers are bad, but bad people all smoke. Not judgmental at all...Just an observation. I know plenty of people who do smoke, some are my friends. Not bad people, but they smoke. But most people who do bad things, do smoke..

There is a Seinfeld on right now, its the one where George starts smoking so that Susan will break off their engagement...Love that one. It didn't work, so now he's going to ask for a prenup... Maybe it will work this time and she doesn't die....

cowgirl8":26fl6gwo said:
Workinonit Farm":26fl6gwo said:
Rafter S":26fl6gwo said:
I'm old enough to remember the doctor smoking in the examining room.

Some planes still have ash trays....It wasn't that long ago but dang those planes must be old. Can you just imagine being canned up with smokers on a plane. Oh lort have mercy...
I remember back in grade school we did a paper on managing money and I remember cigarettes was one of the things to figure in.
I'll confess, I had a friend who smoked and she tried to get me to also. She smoked menthals.. I took a puff and it wasn't terrible. But after a whole cigarette I was puking like there was no tomorrow..That was the one thing that I think turned my life in a better direction. I wonder if I would have become hooked if it hadn't made me so sick..i was probably 14 and before I was able to connect the dots as to why I had migraines. They had to start banning it before I could figure out by getting away from it for any amount of time.
And i'm not judging smokers by saying not all smokers are bad, but bad people all smoke. Not judgmental at all...Just an observation. I know plenty of people who do smoke, some are my friends. Not bad people, but they smoke. But most people who do bad things, do smoke..
Can you substantiate this with a study or facts? Or are you just talking out your azz?

M-5":6r6lqb8o said:
cowgirl8":6r6lqb8o said:
Workinonit Farm":6r6lqb8o said:
Can you substantiate this with a study or facts? Or are you just talking out your azz?

Come on Dash......no need for a study. Many use a similar expression everyday. Not all crooks are roofing contractors but all roofing contractors are crooks. No study or facts but some dam good observations from observing roofing contractors. :lol2: ;-)