Better Half

Help Support CattleToday:

Rafter S":1fsa7tyy said:
boondocks":1fsa7tyy said:
Make him help me check the bedclothes for arachnids every night at bedtime. Actually he does it without complaint bc he knows I'm phobic. But I'm sure it drives him nuts secretly!

We had a girl that worked here a few years ago that was also afraid of spiders. She had a little platform under her desk that she'd put her feet on so they wouldn't get on her. She was an otherwise bright girl, but apparently thought they couldn't climb up on her little platform.

The funny thing is that nothing else bothers me. Grew up with snakes as pets. We all have our foibles I guess!
I'd love to have a hot tub outside but know I could never use it for fear of them. Wish I could conquer it but the idea of aversion therapy for it...shudder....

Call it like I see it instead of a pile of sugar coated pleasantries.

Reality doesn't bother me but it does her.

boondocks":3f97btqs said:
Make him help me check the bedclothes for arachnids every night at bedtime. Actually he does it without complaint bc he knows I'm phobic. But I'm sure it drives him nuts secretly!

I am phobic as well getting bit by a brown recluse will do that too you.

Saturday and Sunday when I watch one football game right after another. When we first got married I was watching a game it ended and I switched to a new game she blew a gasket. On our honeymoon we went on a cruise she wanted to go watch a show or something but I wouldn't leave the room was watching a preseason game.

hurleyjd":3o5qbli8 said:
snoopdog":3o5qbli8 said:
What do you do that drives your better half nuts, or they do that drives you nuts? I wipe up coffee that spills on the floor when I pour it, with my sock. And sometimes I put the paper roll on backwards just to hear her howl!

We have these and it takes care of the toilet tissue issue.

https://www.lehmans.com/product/euro-st ... er-holder/
That would make it a lot harder for the cat to make a mess, me likey

callmefence":24lsd7s2 said:
We hadn't been married long. Had no outbuildings not even a carport. It was pouring down rain so I butchered a deer in the bathtub.
I thought I'd lost her. I guess she loves me .
I done that but it was -15 outside so I convinced her it was a good idea. She hasn't eat deer since and it's been almost 40 years.

Bestoutwest":2y5fye8l said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2y5fye8l said:
snoopdog":2y5fye8l said:
What do you do that drives your better half nuts, or they do that drives you nuts? I wipe up coffee that spills on the floor when I pour it, with my sock. And sometimes

We all know that the proper way for TP to go is over the top so that when the top square is the one to be pulled it is facing you and not the wall.

Mine can't be on time to save her life. If we need to be somewhere at 3 PM and it takes 20 minutes to get there, we leave at 3:41. It drove me nuts during my surgery recovery and I couldn't drive. We were late to just about every appointment. What she hates is how that I have to be early for everything, but I feel that 10 minutes early is on time. It accounts for traffic and having to do paperwork.

When I have to ride with my wife, i lie and tell her everything is 30 mins earlier then it is. My parents have also followed doing this, but shes still late a lot of the time

wacocowboy":3urxmy2j said:
Saturday and Sunday when I watch one football game right after another. When we first got married I was watching a game it ended and I switched to a new game she blew a gasket. On our honeymoon we went on a cruise she wanted to go watch a show or something but I wouldn't leave the room was watching a preseason game.

Preseason?!? C'mon man!

Ky cowboy":1hl3ekk0 said:

When I have to ride with my wife, i lie and tell her everything is 30 mins earlier then it is. My parents have also followed doing this, but shes still late a lot of the time

I do that a lot too! She always tells me we are too early, so I put the time we need to be there at least 30 minutes ahead. I know how many stops we need to make if a long trip, and try to account for extra time at the stops (4 kids can do that).

TennesseeTuxedo":w4glxw2m said:
wacocowboy":w4glxw2m said:

Preseason?!? C'mon man!

I love the preseason. Can't wait for the HOF game I will be glued to it just like every year no matter who is playing. Football is almost back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wacocowboy":1r300bzx said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1r300bzx said:
wacocowboy":1r300bzx said:

Preseason?!? C'mon man!

I love the preseason. Can't wait for the HOF game I will be glued to it just like every year no matter who is playing. Football is almost back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I admire your enthusiasm.

TennesseeTuxedo":33h9wvjm said:
wacocowboy":33h9wvjm said:
TennesseeTuxedo":33h9wvjm said:
Preseason?!? C'mon man!

I admire your enthusiasm.

I can get carried away between football college and NFL, bull riding, and boxing.

wacocowboy":1wx8bpxh said:

I agree with your wife on the cruise/preseason game. It doesn't matter. The honeymoon is for more important things than football.....

Bestoutwest":1qw1fekc said:
wacocowboy":1qw1fekc said:

I agree with your wife on the cruise/preseason game. It doesn't matter. The honeymoon is for more important things than football.....

You are talking to a person who watches every minute of the Combine and draft and right now I am watching Training Camp practice on NFL Network.

Latest posts