Best Truck??

Help Support CattleToday:

Ford has my vote. I have two of them. 83 F350 4x4 6.9 diesel with 223000 miles on it. Gotta 94 F350 4x4 crew cab gas job running good with 173000 miles.

J. T.":yw61h1ki said:
cowboy13":yw61h1ki said:
The dodge has the best power. Our new Cummins H.O. 6 spd. Idled our John Deere 450 dozer up a customers driveway in reverse. The seats arn't the most comfortable but I will take the power anyday. The Duramax diesals aren't worth anything, but it is the most comfortable truck.
Just wondering, what are the problems with the Duramax diesels?
J. T.

Love Chevy--loyal to Chevy BUTwon't own another Duramax diesel.

Only having had it for 6 or 7 months we were on the way to a sale in KS and the thing choked--lost it's "go" then a long while later was okay until we got the cattle loaded and headed home. Did it again. Parked it and woke with a diesel soak spot on the drive underneath. It was the injectors and fixed under warranty, but who wants to be the guinea pig to test out something that still has so many bugs--and them were some mighty big bugs!!!

That said, we still only have Chevies. (Did have a Ford for a while and it was a good truck--still is but we are Chevy folks)

ford al the way!!!!

our old ford (1985) has 320 000 km
only thing we ever did to it was fix mufler
and change couple belts!!!!!!!

never had a tool touch the engine.
good old relyable farm truck!!
nearing retirement.

its a 6 cylender pretty sure.

love that truck

al

Every make of truck has had its problems, and i have to aggree with everyone that said pick the one you like. Dad has had a couple of Dodge trucks the first one they gave the money back on with the problems its had. The one he has now since 97 has been a great truck they 5th wheel all over the county and no problems.
I have the GMC Duramax a 2003 it will be 3 years old in March no problems so far. I love the ride and it has all the power i have needed. Just wish i would have gotten 4x4 had to pull it out of a pasture with a 4 wheeler.
A good friend bought a Ford F250 6.0 he has had trouble with the engine. In and out of the shop way to much for a new truck. Hes the only one i have heard that has had problems. Unless you talk to our local mechanic he swares if ford goes out of business he will too. haha.. He is a die hard GM fan.

Just bought an 05 Dodge 3/4 ton 4x4. If some one told ya'll they were not comfortable they were telling you a story. It pulls wounderful as well. The only gripe I have is that after driving a five speed for twenty plus years this six speed is strange I have to think about reverse being up and to the right instead of down.

Have been very pleased with my 2003 Duramax ton dually 4x4. Love that Allison tranny! Pulls everything I hook or chain to it, which has included some heavy loads of hay and cattle, and a friend's Ford :lol: ! 35000 miles so far without any problems. I know, I know 35000 miles is chump change for a diesel, but that's as far as I have driven it so far.

Ive had good luck with my ford. 89 F350 4x4 with the 7.3l. Without a turbo and with 35" tires its no powerhouse but its never let me down. Gets around 20mpg (Canadian gallons) empty and got 15 towing 5500lbs over the mountains from BC pushed about as hard as it could go. Can't complain too much about that. Now if it would just start better at -25.
-Mike

I have a GMC Duramax with the Allison tranny and have had no problems whatsoever. 2002 model and it is going strong. W/O trailer gets 19 on hwy. W/ trailer about 10. It is 3/4 ton and I have used it to pull everything. Pulls 32 ft trailer full of hay without hesitation. Good worker. I'd buy another one.

Bill

we have an 85 F250 6.9L diesel that isn't exactly a powerhouse, but it still pulls what we need. course, its mostly relegated to hauling water for the house, but it does it. havne't had too many problems with it. considering its turned over at least twice its doin darn good. we also have a 95 7.3L diesel. it has 260K on it, but it still pulls very well. its and automatic and we've had probs with it and a few with the tranny, but she's still goin strong. the REAL probs i've ever had have been in a dodge and a chevy. course, i walk by a chevy and it breaks, but hey. i've been stuck miles from anywhere in a chevy huntin, i was prego at the time too. talk about an experience. but i digress. vehicles are all personal preference. i am obviously in favor of fords, but its all in the eye of the beholder

Buy a Ford or a Chevy. Stay away from those Dodges - leave those for me! :D

Well Zeb (original poster), what did you end up getting?

Latest posts