Best truck rifle?

Help Support CattleToday:

I used to carry an SKS until it got to the point that I was offered 3 times what I had paid for it. Now I just carry a T/C Contender

I keep a .223 axis in my PU all the time and I talked to a gunsmith just a few days about cutting down from 22 inch to 18.50 think I will like it even better , also carry a .22 Rem. when in trapping season, also keep a 9mm springfield XD on my side in a tuckable holster about 99% of the time its just like part of my clothing and no one ever knows I even have it on .

I kind of switch around a lot. Like to do some shooting with all my rifles. Even the smoke pole.
But I guess you could say I mostly have the 22 hornet in my truck.
Kinda got attached to my little 9.18 Makarov for personel carry.

Cal

We'll I finally broke down and bought me a new rifle it's a handy rifle 223 with scope. So far I love it been shoting ground hogs for two days now but now when they her my truck coming up the driveway to the barn they all run! Where is the best place to buy some bulk ammo for it ?

chorewife":1ghubpse said:
204 Ruger then during deer season 7mm-08 :)

I will agree on the 7-08 really like that round for central Texas.
In my neck of the woods a 22 mag is all you need cause a 100 yards is a long shot.
With the price and availability of 22 mag ammo the 22 mag by the front door has
been replaced with a 32-40.

I have a Cooey model 750 .22 with a 3-9x scope mounted on it, a .22 is still the most economical to shoot, I got bricks of Federal ammo for $28, so it's still only $.06 per shot. You can't beat that even if you do your own reloading.

Latest posts