Best time to spray for buttecup?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Seems grass is behind but I see some buttercup in pasture but not yet blooming, when would give the best bang for the buck?

I always have too much going to spray it when it needs it. On my place, it only grows where I'm going to have crabgrass (which I like). I'd try to knock it down in the next two weeks. 2 four D likes that stuff to. I've seen as little as 16 ounces to the acre put it in a grave.

I saw where the label says cold weather affects performance, so I questioned where I buy it and they said they would suggest waiting as it is too cool right now.

hillbillyhammer":1di0mnv8 said:
I was going to spray for buttercup today, but the weather wouldn't cooperate
I did about 30 acres today, just a little more to go. Hope my driving was not too bad, good thing I don't live right on the road so people could see what I miss.

tom4018":358h7jni said:
hillbillyhammer":358h7jni said:
I did about 30 acres today, just a little more to go. Hope my driving was not too bad, good thing I don't live right on the road so people could see what I miss.
I tell everyone that is a control strip to let me know the herbicide was really working.

BC":2gpf5uz1 said:
tom4018":2gpf5uz1 said:
hillbillyhammer":2gpf5uz1 said:
I tell everyone that is a control strip to let me know the herbicide was really working.

You must be good, I will have strips!! :lol:

Forecast is calling for rain almost everyday this week. No tellin when I will get it sprayed now. Buttercup is two inches tall now, I bet in a week it will be a foot

IMO... I think it's still a good time to spray for buttercup even though it has bloomed which is now in my area!!!

I sparyed last weekend and some more today. If you guys do little looking you can prolly find a foamer. Lots of sprayers don't use anymore with cruisers etc. We put one the pasture sprayer last year. A guy in pleasureville ky that sells sprayers has a pile of them.

According to the test sprays I saw at the field day two weeks ago, spray before it blooms. 24d will kill it. After it blooms the best you can hope for is to curl it up.

Latest posts