Best Solar Fence Charger for the Cost

Help Support CattleToday:

sstterry said:
Parmak is made in Kansas City. I have heard great things about the Taylors, but they are a bit on the pricey side.
Just like an attorney, you get what you pay for. ;-)

[/quote]
Just like an attorney, you get what you pay for. ;-)
[/quote]

If only that were true...

I've had good luck with my parmaks. I have 4 of the 12v and 2 of the 6v. I recommend spending the extra on the 12v. Don't have to keep the fence near as clean. Oldest one is only going on it's 5th year, but no trouble. I had one get flooded, shipped it in and they fixed it for free.

I highly recommend using blue warning tape that can be woven into your existing fence. It's visibility and flapping sounds caused by the wind will call their attention to the fence.

bball said:
M-5 said:
sstterry said:
You sure lost a Tennessee Boy with that Alabama part... :lol:

That aside, their 32-joule charger looks like a beast that could knock back any bull.
Buy whatever brand that has a service shop in your town. If you don't have one then Alabama is a heck of alot closer for repairs than where every parmak is made.

Since M-5 initially posted about the Taylor chargers, I have purchased 3 now. One for myself, one for my FIL, and one for a good friend/neighbor with cattle as a gift. I am more than pleased with the product and the people.

I forget who on here gave me instructions on buying solar panel and making box myself with Taylor charger but it is best money I have spent in long time. Will out do anything solar you can buy for half the price.

Buy the charger go to Amazon get a better solar panel and controller and a kid can build tha wood box. I bought one and got advice on this website and the one I made runs circles around one I bought and much cheaper. No problems going on 7 years.

Any good 12v fence charger + any 12v battery + 5watt solar panel. I have had much better results putting together the components separately than the self contained units. Can use larger panels but they will require a charge controller so as not to over charge. I had one that ran uninterrupted for 5 years before taking it down. Have even swapped dead batteries out at the parts house for a core they had that would still hold some charge for free.

I've used Kencove, Gallagher, Stafix (and Tru-test), and Cyclops. The Gallagher's, with proper lightning arrestors installed, are still going, albeit the most expensive. I would have thought the Stafix and Tru-test would have been on the same level as Gallagher, but have had a few more issues, some their faults, some mine. (no lightning arrestor). The Cyclops was a good bit cheaper than the others mentioned, and do not require a lightning arrestor. However, they have fuses that are used instead, that must be checked and replaced. I've found that a heavy load on the fence if not found in time will blow the fuses. For the money, I still like the Cyclops, and have successfully had one repaired in Alabama quite affordably. I have not used Parmak, so I can't compare.

Anyone have a link to the solar panel they used to build the Taylor super charger. Looking to make a couple to go around large corn stalk fields this fall.

For the best deal on a solar panel look on eBay or Amazon. I don't remember where I bought my last panel but I do remember the 100watt was cheaper than an 80 watt you will also need a good charge controller . Call Taylor fence Mon and talk with Alex he will tell you all the info you will need, they are very helpful folks and it's a family run business that not only sells the products they use them as well.

Latest posts