Best Solar Fence Charger for the Cost

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
We have had a ton of rain and flooding and I have had a whole section of fence knocked out along with two water gaps. I am considering installing electric and making some electric curtain water gaps. My question is what is the best solar fence charger that won't break the bank. I want to get the most joules I can and something that is dependable. ( I have searched the past posts). What are your current recommendations?

Parmak 12. They also have excellent customer service in my experience. Had to get a new insulator knob once, they mailed it out same day with zero hassle.

sstterry said:
Thanks, guys. I think you have answered my question.

You have talent! You got three ct members to agree on one subject!

sstterry said:
ez14. said:
sstterry said:
Thanks, guys. I think you have answered my question.

You have talent! You got three ct members to agree on one subject!

Don't worry, it won't last. :roll:
Good. I thought someone must be dying and we were all trying to be nice for them

sstterry said:
M-5 said:
They come with a panel . All you have to provide is the battery. Are American made and Alabama

You sure lost a Tennessee Boy with that Alabama part... :lol:

That aside, their 32-joule charger looks like a beast that could knock back any bull.
Buy whatever brand that has a service shop in your town. If you don't have one then Alabama is a heck of alot closer for repairs than where every parmak is made.

Where exactly do you think every Parmak is made? Your posts appear to imply they are not made in U.S.? Website indicates otherwise for the chargers.

Taylor Hero model seems to be most comparable to Parmak 12. Think I'll stick with the Parmak on that comparison. However, I might try one on their boxes with my large solar panels. I like Taylor's comparison chart on website, but it doesn't compare any Parmaks. Why?

Idk why, I have no affiliation with Taylor. I have just been around and used electric fence since I was a child. I just know what I see at the 2 local repair shops most often. I have 2 junk parmak in scrap pile I could have bought 2 Taylor's with repair bills over the last 10 years

M-5 said:
sstterry said:
M-5 said:
They come with a panel . All you have to provide is the battery. Are American made and Alabama

You sure lost a Tennessee Boy with that Alabama part... :lol:

That aside, their 32-joule charger looks like a beast that could knock back any bull.
Buy whatever brand that has a service shop in your town. If you don't have one then Alabama is a heck of alot closer for repairs than where every parmak is made.

Since M-5 initially posted about the Taylor chargers, I have purchased 3 now. One for myself, one for my FIL, and one for a good friend/neighbor with cattle as a gift. I am more than pleased with the product and the people.

Latest posts