Best heavy duty Panels for hot cows

Help Support CattleToday:

Only kind of panel to have. Heavy enough you don't try to move them by hand. I can't imagine life without them.

$_59.JPG

Richnm said:
A Net Worth Daughter tried to kill me yesterday. Head down , full charge. She went through the temporary panels/corral I had set up in the field. I need better panels , and she is going to MC Donalds. I didn't end up catching her. What are the best panels out there ?

Just to double check was she by herself when she did this or with the herd?

Brute 23 said:
Richnm said:
A Net Worth Daughter tried to kill me yesterday. Head down , full charge. She went through the temporary panels/corral I had set up in the field. I need better panels , and she is going to MC Donalds. I didn't end up catching her. What are the best panels out there ?

I have 10 pairs in a pasture. I had them all on the temporary corral. They were all loaded except her. I started pushing her in the trailer. She gave me a look and she went full throttle.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Silver said:
Only kind of panel to have. Heavy enough you don't try to move them by hand. I can't imagine life without them.

$_59.JPG

That's serious right there.

You would be surprised at how easy they can bend that rod. Usually if they can get it bending it's just a matter of time before they pop the weld.

Richnm said:
Brute 23 said:
Richnm said:

I have 10 pairs in a pasture. I had them all on the temporary corral. They were all loaded except her. I started pushing her in the trailer. She gave me a look and she went full throttle.

So now she is out there by herself now? Do you think she will actually go back in the pens now?

If she would go back in the pens I would say you could dart her and it might knock the fire out of her enough to load her but it's like 50/50 at best.

If you can find some guys that catch cattle I would get them in there and let them do their thing. I wouldnt even fool with the pens. Usually your local auction barn can suggest a few people.

Might need to make some adjustments to the pens to make sure the cattle can be moved as a group or in groups. You never want a cow singled out. If 5 are in the chute being loaded the next 5 need to be in a pen or alley on deck to move in to the chute. If one drops back the whole group goes back and you try bringing them up again, together.

Brute 23 said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Silver said:

$_59.JPG

That's serious right there.

You would be surprised at how easy they can bend that rod. Usually if they can get it bending it's just a matter of time before they pop the weld.
Those sucker rods ain't welded they're ran through holes. If I'm not mistaken even on the ends . Very good panels right there.

I agree with the dart gun or some cowboys to rope her, either one is cheaper than buying panels just to deal with that cow. Check with the sale barn, they should know someone that'll do either one.

Latest posts