Your best guess

Help Support CattleToday:

LB2727

Reaction score
We had to switch bulls mid season back in 2021 due to our first bull getting injured. There was just one calf, a heifer, born in 2022 that we are unsure of who the sire is. For us it doesn't matter a whole lot but sometimes I get really curious so thought I would get guesses here...

Bull #1: Purebred British White (white with Red Points)

Bull #2: 50% British White. 50% Angus (White with Black Points)

Cow: 50% British White. 50% Angus (kinda half black and half white)

Heifer Calf: Solid black but sometimes hair looks reddish tinted.

Cow appeared to be in heat 7/22/21. She has been known to show heat for a couple days but I only documented 7/22 this time. On the afternoon of 7/24, we took bull #1 out and put bull #2 in. Noticed slight bloody discharge from the cow sometime this day.

Cow calved with heifer calf on 4/25/22.

So I feel like sire of calf is bull #1 but then sometimes I lean toward bull #2. Calf coming out black would fit better with bull #2 being the sire but purebred British Whites can throw solid black calves occassionally and dam has angus in her so black could simply come from that.

Cow produced a calf with bull #2 this year and it is white with black points...if it would have been solid black that would have helped me decide about her calf last year but no such luck. Can't test the heifer in question to find out because we didn't sample either bull and they are gone now.

So what's your vote?

Thank you.