Best A.I. Sired Calves I've Seen This Year?

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Reaction score
Fill in the blank.

The best A.I. sired calves I have seen this year have been sired by _________________.
I liked them better than the A.I. sired calves by _________________.
Feel free to add any comments or descriptions.

Waukaru Orion 2047 (Shorthorn); Spring 2014 and Fall 2014-born calves by Orion blew the doors off everything else.
Waukaru Coppertop 464(Shorthorn) calves came in a close second.
Most Simmental sired calves were heifers, made the cut and will be staying - or were out of first-calf heifers and didn't make the cut.
Angus-sired calves were bottom of the barrel.

Will be using Orion 2047's sire, Waukaru Patent 8161, heavily this year - just about every mature cow that's not a high-percentage Simmental will be bred to Patent.

Andalou (fullblood Aubrac; French import) has sired some excellent calves for us. Here's one of his heifers at 2.5 weeks.

WCCC_Cosette_-_2014_04_21_small_.jpg

We've been so pleased with what he's put on the ground, we're flushing some of our cows to him. Right now, we have 59 oocytes cooking which were fertilized by Andalou; we should have results next week (46 of those oocytes are from this heifer's dam).

We only had a couple but we like the Connealy Capitalist calves. We don't have enough numbers for a fair comparison but it is possible that with time we will find that we like Capitalist better than his daddy Final Answer.

My herd:
The best A.I. sired calves I have seen this year have been sired by Net Worth 4200 and Chisum.

Sales:
The best A.I. sired calves I have seen this year have been sired by Brilliance and Thunderbird.

jgibson":alxhbi7h said:
Sales:
The best A.I. sired calves I have seen this year have been sired by Brilliance and Thunderbird.

Interesting that Thunderbird is a Final Answer son out of a Bismark x Traveler 004 cow
and Brilliance is a Bismark x Traveler 004

Will you add either of them this year or next?

Latest posts