How is your AI sired calves looking

Help Support CattleToday:

elkwc

Reaction score
We could possibly have one more AI sired calf and we will be done for this year. Last spring we tried AIing again. Our first attempt resulted in no calves. This year was better. We AIed all to Exar Stock Fund last spring as I didn't have a tank and used what my AI tech had. We are very satisfied with the calves. They were in the 70-80 lb range. Never touched a heifer.
This year we plan to use SAV Certified, SAV Bloodline, Brown's Double Decker, Jannsen's Dow Jones and Stock Fund. Plan too add Ajax and Double Wide. Still want to use Ripper at some point. Watching others results on heifer sires as I will need something to use on the Stock Fund heifers.

We will also be using NJW Long Range and NJW Manifest.

We are just starting calving. Can't wait to see this years calves. Used resource, trapper, supercharger, peakdot trust, peakdot franchise, double vision, rainmaker 4404. Last year my standouts were resource heifer, attractive, and hf roper Suprised me. Have a couple trapper and one supercharger calf so far this year. Fun to be getting ai calves. We are fairly new to ai as well but I still get a kick out of being able to use big name bulls worth X dollars in my backyard.

I had my last calves (twins) on Feb 15th out of mead magnitude. every year I think my calves look better than the calves from the previous years, which is the way it should be. calves from Titus seem to be my favorites so far this year. RA calves from freestyle are looking good and are really friendly calves which I like for replacements.

We are just starting calving. Can't wait to see this years calves. Used resource, trapper, supercharger, peakdot trust, peakdot franchise, double vision, rainmaker 4404. Last year my standouts were resource heifer, attractive, and hf roper Suprised me. Have a couple trapper and one supercharger calf so far this year. Fun to be getting ai calves. We are fairly new to ai as well but I still get a kick out of being able to use big name bulls worth X dollars in my backyard.
I have a couple of Rainmaker 4404 heifers whose 1st calves I just weaned today. I think they are going to make good cows, calves are a good weight and both bred back on 1st insemination. They just have that business like cow look to them that says they want to continue with their career as mothers. I'm going to keep some more Rainmakers.

Ken

I have a couple of Rainmaker 4404 heifers whose 1st calves I just weaned today. I think they are going to make good cows, calves are a good weight and both bred back on 1st insemination. They just have that business like cow look to them that says they want to continue with their career as mothers. I'm going to keep some more Rainmakers.

Ken
Good to hear Ken. I mostly used him on heifers that I sold as breds but found that i used him on a few cows as well when I was looking back at my ai records. Hope they turn out 🤞. Wouldn't mind seeing a picture if u had any.

Josh

I bought this heifer bred to TH Big Country, here is the resulting calf.
I have a bunch due next week that I AI'd to TH 403A 475Z PIONEER 358C ET.

Attachments

• 20220312_171516.jpg
    20220312_171516.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
Didn't have much luck with AI conception this calf crop for some reason but we only sync for 1 heat cycle then turn out with the bull to keep our calving window fairly tight so they only get 1 chance to stick to an AI service. Got 2 calves out GO King E33, 1 heifer that is out of a first calf BEHM Cuda daughter that looks alright so far and 1 bull calf that probably won't amount to anything but a feeder steer because his mom is a dud and getting culled as soon as we wean this fall. Bought a bred cow late last year that was bred to a R Leader son with sexed heifer pregnancy that that probably is the best calf we have at the moment so kind of count her in with our AI calves I guess since she's not out of anything we have. Calved out our 1st 3 Cuda daughters and been happy with how they have done so far and he's been the primary AI bull we've used the past 2 years.

Planning to use Cuda and King bulls AI again this year. Picking up a new herd bull sired by BG LCC 11B Perfecto 84F out of a R Excitement daughter next week. Switching out from a bull we used for 5 breeding seasons so probably have a few more cows than usual we won't bother with AI this time and try to get some calves out of this new bull right away where the last few years was more about trying to limit the number of heifers we'd get out of our bull we've been using for awhile by using AI.

Brown's Redemption RA steer calf (out of Brangus dam) and black is bull calf out of EZ All In-Aberdeen sire. We've had 100% x 3 years-small sample size, but it's been worth it!

Attachments

• DDC7EB39-8460-49C0-A3CB-F46B813856F7.jpeg
    DDC7EB39-8460-49C0-A3CB-F46B813856F7.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • B8AE536A-3836-4E41-AFCA-8CDF6F4F7F16.jpeg
    B8AE536A-3836-4E41-AFCA-8CDF6F4F7F16.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 9