Best 600.00 I think I have ever spent

Help Support CattleToday:

Nice. I need one for my FEL. Thinking about building one. One day. 600 seems like a good price. Is it?

it came from an auction that the business went under and only me and another guy bid on it. The one I have now was almost 1400 but that was years ago so I guess its ok.

King its a grapple lol I own a tree service business and excavation I use mine to carry brush debris or logs stumps etc if my main one breaks hook to this one and keep rolling

Looks like one of those toys they pull weeds with in Texas. :).
Jk sounds like you got it at least 1/2 price. It's not a backup..you just need another bobcat and a crew!

lol You are right about the needing another bobcat and crew. I will hire tomorrow if you pay there salary and I will buy a bobcat tomorrow lol

They work great are are a major timesaver. Only thing I see wrong with that one is the hyd hoses need some protection to prevent chafing against the framework.

greybeard":28ungxjv said:
They work great are are a major timesaver. Only thing I see wrong with that one is the hyd hoses need some protection to prevent chafing against the framework.

I agree I was gonna use one of those metal coil protectors cause i found out the hard way the chafing will get you sooner or later.

I dont see anything extra you have to have but makesure it attaches to your loader properly and different valve system on my business tractor there is a red but you push on the top of the joystick and move it that controls the clamping of the bucket. I apologize if im using the wrong terms but I hope you get what im saying.

Depends on your tractor Kenny and what options are avilable already on it.. Of course, this is assuming you already have a fel on your tractor. All you are adding is power to open and close the grapple.
1. IF your fel control valve has the adaptability to add another spool valve to it, you just do that and run hyd hoses down to the grapple cylinder(s). Return utilizes the loader valve's return circuit.
2. IF your tractor already has rear hyd valve(s), you can utilize that, but it means you have tied up that valve with a grapple and can't use any rear 3 pt hydraulically powered/activated implement unless you add another stack on valve and control back there.
3.Most tractors have what is known as a "power beyond" circuit built in from factory. It means exactly that, hyd power beyond that which came with the tractor. You will have to find the PB port, remove the plug, and tie your hyd hose into that threaded port. Sometimes that port is on the transmission housing--sometimes it is on the control valve for the fel. You will need to mount a control lever somewhere (usually on the fender) and will have to plumb in a return line, usually back to the fill hole by use of a tee. When in the center position, hyd power runs thru the center of the grapple lever valve and back to return without affecting your fel or your rear hyd ports.
4. Another option, is to tee into the line that supplies hyd pressure to your fel, add a control lever to the fender, and plumb it in such a way, that hyd power runs to the grapple lever valve, out that control's return, and then on to the fel control valve and in some cases you may have to run a return line back to the hyd oil fill port. This allows full use of the fel and any implement ports on the rear, as well as the grapple. You just have to fit a tee into the oil fill hole so you can both get return and still pull a plug from the top of the tee to add fluid. This is how we generally added a grapple to a mid size Kubota. The only down side to this option, is since the hyd pressure is pulled from the fel circuit, you may see reduced pressure at the fel lift and tilt, but most people don't worry about it since once the grapple cylinder(s) close or open they then operate the fel valves. Otherwise would require 2 hand operation, one hand operating the up down of the fel, the other hand operating the grapple. I've never seen a need to do that. You are either opening/closing the grapple or raising/tilting the fel--not all at the same time. Once the grapple lever is released, it is spring loaded to neutral, and this locks the grapple in whatever position you had it in.
Some people just opt for the upper part of the grapple, mount it to the existing fel bucket and use the grapple in concert with thw bucket instead of taking the bucket off. In those cases, I've seen people add teeth to the bottom leading edge of the bucket for the grapple to have something to press the load into. Most people tho, just put QD connections on the grapple lines, remove the bucket and install the grapple. Remember to use QD connections near the point where the lines go down the fel arms so you can drop the whole fel off if you need to.

Not a very clear description I'm sure, but it is much easier than it sounds.

skyhightree1":1nmplhpt said:
Yea what greybeard said lol....
I can't see both hose ends on your grapple, but if they aren't already done so, I always suggest the QDs be one male and one female on the grapple lines and opposite on the machine. This prevents connecting the lines reverse of what they need to be and it allows on both the machine and grapple to completely keep the connections tied together when the grapple is off the machine. People were forever losing the plastic end protectors and the qd connections get full of dirt and crap. It also keeps someone from accidentally activating a control lever that no longer has a cylinder to control and sending pressure to a dead headed line and blowing the line off.
I'm sure you and most here already know to do that tho.

Greybeard, I would use it mainly on a Kubota M100X and even then only a few times a year. I have a double stack hyd in the rear. That said would I be better off to just use that to control the grapple? Even I could make that work, I think. :oops:

Man, I would love to have one of those. I have a bunch of big brush piles (old cut down trees, cleared cedar, etc.) to clean up, and this would be perfect.

okay....this is another one of those shortened threads.....I wish I could find out what causes this.....
the thread said there were two pages with16 repies and I only get the last two......

now my question is on what is the best 600.00 I think I have ever spent.???

pdfangus":2sm0g8by said:
okay....this is another one of those shortened threads.....I wish I could find out what causes this.....
the thread said there were two pages with16 repies and I only get the last two......

now my question is on what is the best 600.00 I think I have ever spent.???

Assuming you are using the "view active topics" tab, it's probably your filter setting for how far back to view posts. OP started May 27 with the last prior post on May 29. If your viewing post for the past two weeks, only the two you saw show up. Scroll down to the bottom of the thread page and check those settings.

Latest posts