BELTIE!

Help Support CattleToday:

Hard to believe with that belly...

Triplets?
I would die! But Bessie would raise 2 of em!
You may end up with a Panda calf-big Craigslist $$$👍😆
Sell ya the cow/calf/calf/calf pair....
Sell while they are still high.
Minis are always high!

Now there's an oxymoron...... 🤣

Shes too cute to sell Kenny. Heck she was cheap. And I already got 2 black angus lowlines.
Bull Didley & Bull-cephus...
20230916_085859.jpg
I tried to get my buddy to take a pic today of me hugging Seven. He was too busy shaking his head in disbelief that there is actually a cow that gentle....

White one in top left is half belted Galloway and half white Galloway. Throws belted calves. The two heifers center are out of belted X cows sired by a big bruiser of a Highland bull. That little red and white has proper horns now. I have been crossing Highlands, Belted and White Galloways and PCC Red Angus for years and this is what I have now. A rainbow out in the pasture. I sell some unique bulls off craiglist and grass only pasture raised freezer beef from a website
IMG_3272.jpg

It is not fraud that people think black is tastier so the buyers pay more for black. That's not fraud. That's just somebody paying more for a product that sells for more.
The fraud lies in CAB telling people that a steer that is 51% black is an angus and that that makes it a superior beef animal. Then again, every breed association does it. Marketing and marketers are no different than used car salesmen. Ethics and honesty have no place in marketing. Marketing is just lying right up to the line where you can be prosecuted for fraud. Near every breed association is just a marketing outfit.

The fraud lies in CAB telling people that a steer that is 51% black is an angus and that that makes it a superior beef animal. Then again, every breed association does it. Marketing and marketers are no different than used car salesmen. Ethics and honesty have no place in marketing. Marketing is just lying right up to the line where you can be prosecuted for fraud. Near every breed association is just a marketing outfit.
OMG, what rock did you crawl out from under?!!! I do a LOT of marketing, and I do NOT lie, and I uphold the highest standards of ethics and honesty. People are free to buy whatever meat they want at the grocer. If CAB was not better, then it would all be rotting in the cooler because ALL people would always buy the cheaper, non-Angus beef. No one sticks a gun to your head and makes you buy angus beef. Should the CAB commercials say " Buy angus beef, but other beef is just as good?!!" Or, Dodge Ram trucks are Ram tough, but Ford and Chevy is as good or better?" ALL successful companies producing any product or providing any service, are the ones that utilize the best marketing. There is nothing at all fraudulent about it. Yeah there are people that think "I saw it on the internet, so it must be true" But, it is NOT the roll of government to protect them from their om stupidity. Their isn;t a higher priced and junkier motorcycle on the market than Harley, nor a more successful advertising campaign that theirs,. But, there is nothing criminal about it..no once forces you to ride a Harley. There is no supplemental insurance that has a higher premium or pays less benefits than AFLAC. People buy it because of the duck on commercials, instead of reading summary plan descriptions and comparing. When I was heavy into the payroll deduction market, I LOVED it when I came across and employer that had AFLAC in there, They were already sold on the idea of payroll deduction benefits, so it was a slam -dunk to offer them a better product with more benefit at a lower premium for their employees. But, there is nothing criminal about AFLACs marketing. And,. it is not the 51% black hide that makes CAB certified beef better. It is the other 10 requirements that must be met before attaining the CAB certification. There is a LOT of the beef you see packaged for sell at a lower price, that came into the slaughter house wrapped in a black hide.

White one in top left is half belted Galloway and half white Galloway. Throws belted calves. The two heifers center are out of belted X cows sired by a big bruiser of a Highland bull. That little red and white has proper horns now. I have been crossing Highlands, Belted and White Galloways and PCC Red Angus for years and this is what I have now. A rainbow out in the pasture. I sell some unique bulls off craiglist and grass only pasture raised freezer beef from a website
View attachment 36071
That beltie with the 2 white socks is perty dern cute!
Thanks for sharing them!

Someone starts bragging on their ethics and honesty, That's the time to turn around and walk away.......
No, you walk away from idiots that make blanket statements like this, insinuating ALL marketing and marketers are fraudulent. Ethics and honesty have no place in marketing. Marketing is just lying right up to the line where you can be prosecuted for fraud. No bragging to it, Hoss. When you said that, you were implying that I lie or commit fraud,. as well as anyone else on here that markets.

Their isn't a higher priced and junkier motorcycle on the market than Harley, ..no one forces you to ride a Harley.

That's a great comparison illustrating the difference between perceived value and actual value. Very similar to CAB...

And it is not the 51% black hide that makes CAB certified beef

Of course it is. Without a black hide the animal doesn't even get a chance to qualify regardless of quality.

It is the other 10 requirements that must be met before attaining the CAB certification.

And even though not-black cattle are every bit as good at qualifying... they never get a chance because they don't have black hair.

And in the end, the final product of CAB is damage to the beef industry as a whole and specifically to the people that raise high quality beef that is artificially discriminated against in pricing.

I get so tired of people making the statement that 51% black has anything to do with CAB. I don't know where this came from, but being predominantly black does not mean 51%, The cattle must also be "Angus influenced", and besides that, the black color is just one minor characteristic for CAB. It is the 10 quality standards that define CAB. Plenty of purebred Angus cattle, do not qualify for CAB. It takes both the proper genetics and the proper feeding regimen to achieve a CAB carcass.

QUOTED from the CAB website
"To earn the Certified Angus Beef ® brand name, cattle must first be Angus-influenced, with a predominantly solid black coat. Then, beef must pass our 10 quality standards:"