BELTIE!

Help Support CattleToday:

What would you rebreed her to? A Lowline or cross would be a nice beefy calf…
Like @kenny thomas said. I will probly sell her. I like looking at her and all that. But not enough to justify a seperate bull for just her. Who knows. Something else may work out tho. I could definitely breed my nurse cows and her to a different bull.

I'm just real excited to see her baby.

Last edited:
With the drought, have you been feeding more grain? That may put more weight on the calves. High protein will put the weight on the calves.
About normal.
We did have to start feeding earlier than usual tho. I just pretended winter came early last year. Stopped feeding about normal time too once grass started coming on and contract on feed ran out. Only thing I can figure is some of the hay I got from different areas this time (as well as a few suppliers) had to have been much better quality hay than I'm used to.
Fed a bunch of 2 year old hay. In addition to about half my hay consumption was fresh cutting of crabgrass. I know it was amazing quality. They would devour that stuff!! Lick the ground clean and want more. 😆

Are you back to thinking she is bred?
She never did calve. I guess she just has/had a good sized grass belly!
I'm certain Big Sexy bred her in late May/June this year.
I have still not decided on waiting for a calf or not. I do enjoy seeing the fart out there. She's so easy going and causes no problems. Not the direction I wanna go with my herd but I've got plenty of grass this year. She don't eat much. And you know me! I love having a project around!

She never did calve. I guess she just has/had a good sized grass belly!
I'm certain Big Sexy bred her in late May/June this year.
I have still not decided on waiting for a calf or not. I do enjoy seeing the fart out there. She's so easy going and causes no problems. Not the direction I wanna go with my herd but I've got plenty of grass this year. She don't eat much. And you know me! I love having a project around!
Hey... if people can keep Longhorns for yard ornaments, why not a beltie?