BEER

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
We've discussed so many things here, but there seems to be a distinct lack of talk about beer.

Was at a party 2 weeks ago, someone brought a case of Bud light Apple.. aka "Breakfast Beer".. it actually isn't half bad.. has more apple flavor in it than most ciders.

Arguing over a girl's bust size is like choosing between Molson, Heineken, Carlsberg & Budweiser. Men may state their preferences, but will grab whatever is available.

Ain't that the truth.. I'm no beer snob,..though I don't like yeasty or dark beers much... for the canadian beers, my favorites are Moosehead and Alexander Keiths, UK beer would be Harp, and US beer, well, I don't know that much of it, but Rolling Rock is alright, though lacking a little something in it. My dad likes Czechvar, and it is a really nice beer, I just find since it's a strong beer I'm 'full' before the bottle is empty and just lose interest in it, unless its a particularly hot day.

I think Tom T Hall said it pretty well
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i5k4I1AOEI
[youtube]8i5k4I1AOEI[/youtube]

In some of my songs I have casually mentioned
The fact that I like to drink beer
This little song is more to the point
Roll out the barrel and lend me your ears

[Chorus:]
I like beer, it makes me a jolly good fellow
I like beer, it helps me unwind and sometimes it makes me feel mellow (Makes him feel mellow)
Whiskey's too rough, Champagne costs too much, vodka puts my mouth in gear
This little refrain should help me explain as a matter of fact I like beer
(He likes beer)

My wife often frowns when we're out on the town
And I'm wearing a suit and a tie
She's sipping vermouth and she thinks I'm uncouth
When I yell as the waiter goes by

[Chorus]

Last night I dreamed that I passed from the scene
And I went to a place so sublime
Aw, the water was clear and tasted like beer
Then they turned it all into wine (Awww)

I'd rather :bang: than drink a beer. :) That is one thing I've never "aquired" the taste of and I don't feel left out at all. Now whiskey and bourbon is another story. :tiphat:

The craft beer business is booming! I like 512 IPA. I had a Tejas lager the other night in a can from a brewer in Alpine Texas. It was pretty good. Light but not bland. We aren't lacking for choices here in Austin.

Ahh Nesi you hit my brand- Rolling Rock! That is good beer. I think what you are missing is about 30mins. in the freezer. That extra chill really sets it off! A grilled hamburger and a fresh out the freezer RR- that is good living right there.

Virginia is fast becoming the craft beer capital, I just can't find one that doesn't taste like a stewed gym sock. I will stick to my "33".

BC has SOO many craft beers out I don't even bother trying them because I know that as soon as I find one I like, they'll suddenly stop stocking it in the craphole town!
I drink beer slow, so even if it starts off ice cold, it won't be by the time I finish it, so I like a beer that doesn't fall apart (I think I may need to move to the UK where the beer is served warm to begin with :p)... this is the effect of having a favourite bar on the opposite side of the city I lived in, so I only drank 1 or maybe 2 pints since I had to drive home

GB, I can't watch videos from where I am, I'll try and remember to watch that later

I haven't had many beers I don't like, especially if they are free. I can't say I have an all time favorite but Beck's Dark is good. It depends on the weather, my attitude, my company (or not, sometimes I drink alone......with nobody else :)
When I just want a cold beer, cheap, I drink Busch. When I want a good beer I drink a dark beer. When I want a buzz, I drink clear.

Awesome topic! My favorite is called spotted cow, made in Wisconsin. It isn't sold in MN so when I can get some it's a real treat for sure. I'm not a fan of all the new stuff from the micro breweries, most are way over the top with the hops. Budweiser makes a platinum beer that is pretty fine for domestic. Kokanee is the beer of choice when in Canada.

MistyMorning":35j5qy0n said:
Awesome topic! My favorite is called spotted cow, made in Wisconsin. It isn't sold in MN so when I can get some it's a real treat for sure. I'm not a fan of all the new stuff from the micro breweries, most are way over the top with the hops. Budweiser makes a platinum beer that is pretty fine for domestic. Kokanee is the beer of choice when in Canada.

Hamm' s beer is what we drank as kids up in the north country. Had lots of fun sitting by a fire looking out over lake Superior.

Blue Moon is probably one of my most favorites followed by Yuengling and a variety of Sam Adams and Great Lakes. There's so many varieties out there now that I find myself trying all different kinds of beer. I hate Summer Shanty type beer that is too fruity but I did try some Not Your Fathers Rootbeer beer that wasn't too bad but awful sweet and potent. One cold Rootbeer went down way to fast and follow by the second one and it'll hit ya. I think its around 6% alcohol.

My favorite adult beverage though is a dark rum and coke. A big glass of iced dark Myers Rum or Bacardi Oak with coke is a good sit on the porch in the evening drink.

MistyMorning":2o68u00a said:

Visited the Dells for a conference last year and loved spotted cow.

I drink cheap most of the time, Milwakee's Best Light and Miller Lite. I love craft beers though. Several small brewers around here. Piney River, Schlafly, Mothers, etc... I like all beer really except for the wild fruity stuff. Can go from a IPA to a porter to a lager and be just as happy.

MistyMorning, you are really missing out on better beers if Kokanee is your choice when up here. Give Moosehead a try, its at least a 'real' beer.

I did quite like a few of the Sam Adams beers... probably the IPA as it's my go-to kind of beer

Buddy of mine in St Louis makes his own apple flavored dark beer called "Mo Fuggers Cold Black Malt Likra". It's really good.

shaz":ivxyh8bf said:
Buddy of mine in St Louis makes his own apple flavored dark beer called "Mo Fuggers Cold Black Malt Likra". It's really good.

That would be a heck of label. :mrgreen:

If anybody likes Guinness and is in the Houston MO area Piney River Brewing opens up on Sat's and serves their Old Tom Porter with nitro like Guinness. Dang good.

Ouachita":2bu2xnaq said:
...I can't say I have an all time favorite but Beck's Dark is good. ...When I want a good beer I drink a dark beer.

(Female here.) I've been on a stout beer kick lately, my current favorite is Revelation Stout out of Public House Brewing Company in St. James, Missouri; a close second is Abita Turbodog, which is a bit more "commercial" but still good. I'll have to try the Beck's Dark if I can find it around here. Last year I tried every pumpkin brew I could get my hands on; I think I'll skip that this Fall. When I want something cheap after a hot day outside, I'll drink Stag or PBR (which are basically the same). Nothing quite like getting stares carrying a $10 six pack of craft beer and a $12 18 pack of Stag through the store. :lol:

They must think one case is for the visitors, and aren't sure if you're going to drink the good stuff and give visitors the cheapo stuff, or if you're going to make yourself look good, drink the cheap stuff and offer good stuff to visitors :)

Sam Adams boston lager is about the best mass produced beer in my opinion. When I was brewing all the time I made a clone that got pretty darn close to it that I drank by the gallon for quite a while. Newcastle with a cigar is also a good choice and I made a clone of it that was pretty good to.
For just a cheap cold beer that I can get in any convenience store original Coors is my favorite.