Beefalo

Help Support CattleToday:

jw

Reaction score
A friend of mine is looking for a Beefalo bull about two years old. If anyone has or knows someone who has one for sell within a 100 miles of Dallas would you let me know. I will pass it on to him and let him take it from there. Thanks.

well this is a little off topic but i took the mrs out last night for vday to a high fallootin joint and they were real proud to have buffalo meat as one of the featured dishes. new york strip cut. i figured well why not id never tried it before. tasted good but it was so tough i wasnt sure old brokenmouth would ever be able to finish it. nothing to write home about thats for sure. im not saying it was awful but it sure wasnt great. and they sure were proud of it when it came to price. oh well at least i know first hand now. take it from me stick to beef

I'm not sure why he likes to use a beefalo, but he does. I tried to sell him my two year old angus bull, but we've pretty much decided he is too short for his girls.

I've never tried beefalo, just hard to beat angus.

We still have a few Beefalo cross cows from when we used a Beefalo bull afew years ago. They are some of the best producing beef cows that we have ever had. No matter what bull we put on them they really raise a good calf. I've used a Longhorn bull on some of these cows and have raised some really nice replacement heifers.

As far as the buffalo meat-it is kind of like Longhorn beef. It's very good if you don't cook it too done. Usually medium is about as done as you can cook it without it getting tough. I've eaten some very tasty buffalo steaks-as a matter of fact I wish I had one right now.

Latest posts