Barzona cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

Taurus

Reaction score
Just saw a pic of Barzona cattle on Facebook awhile ago. I was actually surprised that they are still around. They looks nice cows, what's your thoughts on this breed?

I had a college professor that had a herd of them. This was 25 years ago. I went to his place a few times. They were a little light boned for me, but his were the only ones I was ever around.

Perhaps being light boned is the reason why they didn't gain popularity? Or are there more cons that pro on this breed? On other hand, they looks like more uniformed than other breeds.

I had to look them up never heard of them but seems like a breed that would do real good in the Southwest with the dry summers.

wacocowboy":2z4lyatd said:
I had to look them up never heard of them but seems like a breed that would do real good in the Southwest with the dry summers.
I forget what state this owner with 200 head of barzona cattle is in but I think either Ohio or close to that.

wacocowboy":22jfo2b9 said:

That's where they really shine. When it's really rough n rugged they are hard to beat.

Barzonas were developed exclusively on stats. They either made the grades, or were culled. Also developed mostly on the maternal side. Great, hard working cattle for sure.

Latest posts