Ball Clover

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks Shooter. Got to calling around and found a pretty good deal on the clover at the CO-OP in Greenville. Headed over there tomorrow to get it and hopefully I'll get it in the ground before the expected rain on Friday.

Good deal Slick. Do you mind letting me know what kind of deal your getting at the Co-op? I am going to need another 200lbs. As you know its not cheap. Greenville is within an hours drive and well worth it if the price is right.

The initial guy priced it 162.50 per 25 lb. The CO-OP is 136.95 same size. Not a hugh savings but every little bit helps.

Slick, if you notice the green yards in the housing neighborhoods around you in the winter, that is annual or perennial rye. Almost all landscape companies use gulf coast annual in our area. As long as the seed makes contact with the dirt and a little rain it will grow. It usually starts to wilt late May or early June depending on the heat.

Thanks! Just haven't figured out what I have that's volunteer. Going to throw it out tomorrow after the dew burns off, then harrow it. Hopefully, the clover, ryegrass and vetch will make some good grazing for the girls. That is, if we get some rain.

We have gotten rain the last two weekends.....Last week (Tuesday - Thursday) I "ran hard" fertilizing, cutting in fertilizer and planting 27 acres of oats. Friday I fertilized and disc another 15 acres. We got 1.6 inches of rain Saturday evening/night. Today I checked the patch to see if it were dry enough to plant......

GUESS WHAT.....................................................................

I have ryegrass comming up so thick I won't need to plant............as long as we still get some rain, the weather doesn't get to hot........and the army worms stay away.

Good for you Vette! I've busted my butt getting all mine out last night and today to beat Friday's rain, only to get in this afternoon and hear that it's only going to be a few tenths on Saturday, and maybe some scattered. Hoping the weather liars are wrong and we get at least a slow inch.

Imagine my surprise when I opened the clover bag and it was bright blue. I knew it was coated, but this took my eyes for a second.

I'm a bit puzzled about the forecast myself.....we got a little shower this afternoon.....it's so humid that any cool front should set something off. We have a foundation hole in the ground and everything. :lol2:

Latest posts