Bale wrappers, tubes or single bale type??

Help Support CattleToday:

jasonleonard

Reaction score
I would like some input from all you hay makers as to what type and brand of wrappers you have had good luck with. I make about 500 4x5 bales each year on my home farm. I use this hay to winter dry brood cows and a batch of stockers.
I am baleing with a NH 7060 silage special with net wrap, so I can roll some pretty wet hay. I don't have enough storage space for all my hay each year, thought this would help save some hay loss.
I also like the idea of getting hay put up without enough drying time.
Lots of wrappers around my area. Anderson and Tubeline seem to be popular in the tube type, also several brands of single bale wrappers seem to be available.
Any advice would be appreciated.

I like the tube type, they use less wrap, and wrap faster. If you feed a couple of bales a day, the open end will not spoil in PA winters. The tubes need a better storage area. Is Sonny or Randy a relative?

Personally I prefer the tube for the above reasons. There are lots of single bales wrappers around here. The one advantage to single bale is you can stack them and thus get more bales into a smaller storage area. But while doing it you have to be careful not to rip the plastic.

Latest posts