average cost of skid steer mulcher rental with operator?

Help Support CattleToday:

saltbranch

Reaction score
Made a a deal on fairly heavy brush, he estimating 3-4 days. He is a good friend from work and I trust him, but would like to pirce check. 800.00 is a 12 hour day...sound right for below I-10 crowd?

i watched some you tube videos of those mulchers..

they are so painfuly slow..

I wouldn't work that cheap. My skid steer is a Cat 277B, and the undercarriage maintenance alone costs around $25/hr. It sips the fuel when you putt around, but drinks 4-5 gallons and hour when it's under load. Pay an operator $25/hr, and he really costs $50/hr. Factor in the purchase price of nearly $90k and the truck and trailer to haul it........ That is definitely a good friend you have there.

saltbranch":3s8z6m8n said:
Made a a deal on fairly heavy brush, he estimating 3-4 days. He is a good friend from work and I trust him, but would like to pirce check. 800.00 is a 12 hour day...sound right for below I-10 crowd?

Cheap for here

Going rate here for the actual mulcher that leaves a layer of mulch and nothing to burn, 200 an hour. We have a mulcher mower that husband uses on his skidsteer. Its slower and will mow though big trees, but leaves a mess...He gets 100-125 an hour.

I had all my property lines done and a few roads it was 2500 a day plus a helper on the ground to use the chainsaw some. I use to rent the machine but people kept tearing it up so they stopped renting it.

Sounds very cheap. No way he can make any money like that. I have s750 with a large saw, I charge 120-130$ an hour. Not much profit at that price even, if you figure in every expense. Some guys complain how expesive I am until the end of the day when they see how much I can get done. Every single one of them has wrote me a check with a smile on their face

Last fall was 90 an hour
This year he said he has a bigger faster mulcher and skidsteer so it'll be a 100 an hour

I won't even start a piece of equipment up for $90.00 an hour unless its a tractor. With the cost of living here they would not make any money.

skyhightree1":2f83wjqw said:
I won't even start a piece of equipment up for $90.00 an hour unless its a tractor. With the cost of living here they would not make any money.

That's true too
Size of machine and cost of living.

He's giving you a really good deal!

I am not far from you. I'm between LaVernia and Seguin. Last winter I paid $180hr for a guy to clear and mulch some very overgrown fence lines. I'm talking about the largest hi flow skid steer and rotating mulcher with carbide teeth, not one of those much larger front end loader cedar eater rigs. The skid steer mulcher grinds stumps below ground level a few inches. He did have a helper running a chainsaw and making sure nothing (old barb wire, t posts, chains, etc.) would get sucked up and possibly wrapped around the mulcher. There were some old hackberry trees that were 2-3 foot diameter and it took some time to mulch those suckers because they are so fibrous. They don't make wood chips like oak, cedar, or mesquite.

I did pre cut the large trees so he was basically just grinding the stumps on those. Trees around 6-12in I just left alone.

You are definitely getting the buddy price.

Brute 23":3r2uecey said:
Going rage here would be $80-100 for a skid steer muncher.

Are you sure that's per 12hr day? I have never known equipment people to do that. It's usually all 8hr days.

Thats his going rate and 12 hours per day is correct per his quote.

Latest posts