Australian Shepard pup ?'s

Help Support CattleToday:

angie1

Reaction score
My Aussie had 6 pups. She has almost white blue eyes, male has amber. Pups don't have their eyes open yet (9 days old). When will I know what color their eyes will be? Will they be brown/gray when they open then turn blue or will they be blue from the get go? Also ~ do pink noses turn black? I have 2 breed specific books on Aussies, but niether of them answer these questions. Thanks for your help!
Angie

Sorry that is so hard to read :( I should have checked it before submitting.

OK ~ I have edited the above. Attempted to delete this one but can't figure it out and have no more time now to figure it out. Thanks for your help Bez>!

angie":2ohj9arm said:
Sorry that is so hard to read :( I should have checked it before submitting.

So, if it is hard to read - and it is - log in and click on the edit button on that post - upper right corner - and fix it.

Bez>

angie":pl2vmevv said:
Attempted to delete this one but can't figure it out and have no more time now to figure it out.

FYI - You can only delete a post if no one has responded to it.

Most puppies have dark navy blue eyes when they first open, then they slowly change to the adult color over a few weeks. Puppies with those light blue Aussie eyes will look noticeably different.

The pink noses will turn black with time, although Aussie noses sometimes have small pink spots.

Just an update ~ pups have had eyes open for about a week now. One pup had noticably pale eyes ~ no question about the blue, will be ice blue like mom. 2 of the pups started with Navy and are turning blue. All 6 are a scream (except at 3:30 in the morning when they are wandering through the house looking for their mother who is laying under our bed pretending not to hear them!).

Ugh! I will try I think. I can't even do quotes (there was a brief stint there when I had it but now its gone), so I am thinking that pictures are more like rocket science. I'll try.

angie":2py71nvb said:
Ugh! I will try I think. I can't even do quotes (there was a brief stint there when I had it but now its gone), so I am thinking that pictures are more like rocket science. I'll try.

Angie use photobucket.com it is really easy if I can do it you can also_Or See if you can email someone on here and they can post for you.I agree with everyone this post definately needs pics.

Latest posts