Looking for Australian Cattle Dog pup

Help Support CattleToday:

they can be very hard headed. Can't find a smarter or more loyal friend.
You must not have ever had a Border Collie. My old Border Collie "Bear" I often refered to her as Bearly. Because she was barely a dog almost human. Smarter and better behaved than most peoples children.

You must not have ever had a Border Collie. My old Border Collie "Bear" I often refered to her as Bearly. Because she was barely a dog almost human. Smarter and better behaved than most peoples children.
I will agree with both of y'all, Border Collie and Heelers being both the best.
I had a Border Collie named Sam, it wasn't long before I realized how smart he was and he was more like a Samuel than a Sam. He made every step that I made and learned my routines out working. He rode for hours in the tractor with me. I often said he was a person in a dogs body. When he got older, we got a female dog in hopes of getting some pups by him. We got a Heeler, because both my wife and I like them and I had already had 2 other Heelers years ago. It hit me like a death of a best friend when he died. The little Heeler stepped right up on her own and has become the best cattle dog that I have had.

My personal opinion - Aussies & Border Collies are a bit more hiper than I can handle. I get exhausted being around them. All 3 breeds are super inteligent.
Most dogs are well behaved or monsters - depending on the owner. Just like kids!!! LOL

Jeanne an English Shepard would probably be a good fit for you. Not a driven cow dog but will work them. loyal to their person and usually close by them. Just a general all around farm dog.

I'm sure they are a good breed. The puppy is for my daughter - but you are talking to a person that has owned a blue heeler for 50 years. Tried and true. Would never get a different breed of work dog. I also have owned a Miniature Schnauzer for 40+ years. I presently have the best one I have ever owned!!
My daughter is checking one out in NE on Thursday. They are driving to Kansas to pick up a trailer and will see the pup after that.
Thanks for all the replies.

My wife has a mutt (Hank) with Australian Shepherd, Hangtree, and unknown. He is by her side, in the house, her dog not mine. I could be feeding him steak, and she leaves the room he would quit eating the steak and follow her. Won't hurt a chicken, duck, or kitten. He doesn't want anything strange in the yard. However:::: he knows where the cows belong. If one gets out he puts it back in. Here he is grooming one of his cats. He's a good boy

Attachments

• 62DF4E7B-495B-4CF0-BB89-F86526170183.jpeg
    62DF4E7B-495B-4CF0-BB89-F86526170183.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8