Atheist Military Members Want Chaplin

Help Support CattleToday:

I have a story about athiests for you.

I was there.

In a country that I was not supposed to be in.

In a small OP that no longer exists and in a place that has no record of me being there.

I was patrolling every day.

The little Jewsih Rabbi from another very small unit would stand at the gate and bless us as we went out - but only if we wanted one.

I am not Jewish but every day as convoy commander I would stop - walk over and ask for his blessing.

Several who were there used to chide me as they would state - Quote - "There is no God - stop wasting our time".

My philosophy is as follows:

There might not be a God but I pray to one. Never turn down a blessing, as you never know when it might come in handy.

One day we were to patrol into a village and capture a truly bad man. When we got there we came under heavy fire. When it was all over and done we walked into the village - every man, woman, child and animal in that village had been killed with a machete. A complete wipe out of life. Not a pretty picture.

The next day when I went over to get my blessing - the entire crew came with me.

Easy to trash talk someone about their beliefs until you actually have an experience.

All religious groups are schitte to me. I do my praying in the field.

But those who trash those who believe - I am happy to take them with me to see what their entitled lives have protected them from.

Let the atheists have their "consultant" - just tell them to shut the heck up when someone else has a belief. And watch what happens to many of them when they are exposed to life outside their protected sphere.

Out of this thread now.

Best to all

Bez__

Bez__":3d42ga5b said:
I have a story about athiests for you.

I was there.

In a country that I was not supposed to be in.

In a small OP that no longer exists and in a place that has no record of me being there.

I was patrolling every day.

The little Jewsih Rabbi from another very small unit would stand at the gate and bless us as we went out - but only if we wanted one.

I am not Jewish but every day as convoy commander I would stop - walk over and ask for his blessing.

Several who were there used to chide me as they would state - Quote - "There is no God - stop wasting our time".

My philosophy is as follows:

There might not be a God but I pray to one. Never turn down a blessing, as you never know when it might come in handy.

One day we were to patrol into a village and capture a truly bad man. When we got there we came under heavy fire. When it was all over and done we walked into the village - every man, woman, child and animal in that village had been killed with a machete. A complete wipe out of life. Not a pretty picture.

The next day when I went over to get my blessing - the entire crew came with me.

Easy to trash talk someone about their beliefs until you actually have an experience.

All religious groups are schitte to me. I do my praying in the field.

But those who trash those who believe - I am happy to take them with me to see what their entitled lives have protected them from.

Let the atheists have their "consultant" - just tell them to shut the heck up when someone else has a belief. And watch what happens to many of them when they are exposed to life outside their protected sphere.

Out of this thread now.

Best to all

Bez__

I heard many times that there are no atheists in war.

I'm with you Bez__, I don't have concrete beliefs one way or another, When I look at the the perfection of a hummingbird or a newborn calf, I think there's more than chance behind that. I find it strange that as such an unfirm believer I so value freedom of believing what you want to.

Nesikep":3ghagyta said:
I'm with you Bez__, I don't have concrete beliefs one way or another, When I look at the the perfection of a hummingbird or a newborn calf, I think there's more than chance behind that. I find it strange that as such an unfirm believer I so value freedom of believing what you want to.
Nesi you can always believe what you want to. Just be prepared to be wrong a lot. :lol: :lol:

Let the atheists have what they want. They will just put up a stink until they do. Then when they feel they need to get rid of the Christian chaplins, we can balance the scale...you first...

As to the streets paved with gold...nothing more fitting. As Christians in getting to know who God is, like King David did, we would understand why. God paved the streets with gold because we value it so. To God, it's not what He values. It shows us where we are to place what we value. Here in this world, we walk on rocks. Do we value them so much? No, we value them in as much as we need them...to protect out tires, our feet. Dirt roads are dusty.. Paved roads are not. Would we value gold as much if our streets were paved with them? I think not.

Latest posts