Artic Vortex Weather Records

Help Support CattleToday:

Nice snow last night. Making a run with the snowmobile this morning. Even in Minnesota, there are not a lot of good sledding days in April.

Shouldn't be much left here by the weekend. 50 degree days the next 3 days and above freezing at night should eliminate the white devil flakes.

Still a couple of feet of white stuff on the ground. Been in the teens many nights and days in the 30s. Get a few warm days here and there but not a ton of melting going on. Had a few inches overnight.

Still plenty of snowmobiling going on. Could ride from my doorstep 100+ miles north until I run out of land in Michigan. Lol

Facebook sent me a reminder of a photo I took this day in 2017. Cows were out grazing leftovers in fields, no snow in open or bush and ditches were dry. We are at least a week away from that, maybe 2.

Put away the snowshoes and the snowmobile. :banana: First year I tried using snowshoes to move poly wire. They were not as much fun as I remembered in the past.

Some knolls are dry here, but there are still snow banks in many other places, so crops will be going in late. More people will be short on hay before winter is over.

Latest posts