Are you a FB member?

Help Support CattleToday:

sim.-ang.king

Reaction score
Last night I went to the our county's 94th annual Farm Bureau meeting, and had a great time talking to other farmers.
and eating some very good pork loin! :nod:
So i'm just wonder who of you are members, or directors in your county?

We are members.

And a big thank you to the Va Farm Bureau for having a hand in the issue of Imminent Domain and trying to protect property rights for individuals....
Question 1 on the ballot last week had enough 'yes' votes needed to move forward.

Katherine

Been a member for 49 years and when I retired I became a Board Director 5 years ago and am now serving my second year as Caldwell Co. President. If it was not for Farm Bureau and all of the other farm organization representing farmers, ranchers and landowners in the State and National level we would not have any one to speak for us, their are very few Representatives or Senators that have a knowledge of Agirculture , these organizations meet with our lawmakers to help educate them of the needs of farmers. The majority of the nation is unaware of where their food comes from and we as an oragazition work with youth to help get the message out, also the majority of the people think Farm Bureau is just an Insurance Co. they are not aware of what we do to represent all landowners. So I encourage all landowners to check into one of your local farm organazition that would best serve you and join.

Yes we are members also. And they do a heck of a job here in Ga. They donate alot to the Young Farmers, in time and money.

I am not a member, but after reading this thread I'm going to look in to joining. I was also rick rolled by the title. I saw FB and thought it was about facebook.

High Cotton":326lqf0j said:
I am not a member, but after reading this thread I'm going to look in to joining. I was also rick rolled by the title. I saw FB and thought it was about facebook.
It's about the best money you can spend on a membership to any group. They sure do a lot for the community.
This year our county gave out 16 $1000 scholarships, and had a farm safety day that involved over 200 6th graders.
Also our county has a tax professional that gives discounts to members to file their taxes.

I am a member and also serve on the county Farm Bureau board of directors. This summer, our board partnered with the County Exension office and held an ag tour for elected officials to show the importance of agriculture to the local economy.

Latest posts