Are Yeti Ramblers worth it

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Looking for a better way to carry water on the tractor. Seen a friend with the 2 quart Rambler and he loves it, got it as a gift though. Are they worth $90? Are they tough?

i have a yeti and an orca....they are about the same, both keep my water cold all day, but the orca is made in the US!! So, I say go with the orca. Orca's is called the rambler, it also sales for $90.

If someone gives me one id take it. I have 3 cups all gifts 2 yeti 1 engal , I like them but for a water keg on the tractor it's hard to beat a Coleman with a flip up spout. I can buy alot of ice if I was buying it for 90 bucks

ropinranger":1ndikyhd said:
i have a yeti and an orca....they are about the same, both keep my water cold all day, but the orca is made in the US!! So, I say go with the orca. Orca's is called the rambler, it also sales for $90.
Who sells them?

M-5":3k7lusy1 said:
If someone gives me one id take it. I have 3 cups all gifts 2 yeti 1 engal , I like them but for a water keg on the tractor it's hard to beat a Coleman with a flip up spout. I can buy alot of ice if I was buying it for 90 bucks
Kind of my thoughts, if I did it I would be using a gift card. Could use it for something else though.

I don't buy into any hype. But, my wife bought me one for our anniversary last month. Heck yea they work and it is cold all day. I put my ice in night before so I don't wake the kids up in morning when I leave in morning. Set in fridge add water in morning. Next night still has ice in it. A couple days I left laying in back of truck on 100 degree day, ice was mostly melted water still ice cold. Only thing is when you drink all the water ice don't really melt and you have to refill. My colman was luke warm by 2 in afternoon on hot day open station tractor. If I runover it I will buy another.

Milk jug 1/2 to 3/4 full of water. Freeze it solid. Then finish filling with water. Will gradually melt and keep you cold water all day. Free.

BUT with that being said I've got one of the Yeti cups my wife bought me. Not sure what it's called. Fill it with ice every morning and usually refill with warm water two more times each day before it melts the ice. Fill it with ice and water when I get ready for bed and the next morning it still has 1/2 the ice. I absolutely use it more than anything else I own besides my truck. FWIW a friend of mine has one from Walmart and they are as good or better. But I don't shop at Walmart.

I have a Yeti 32 and it's the best coffee mug - thermos that I've ever owned. But I had to buy a plastic slide top to keep from spilling my coffee. I use mine everyday all day.

callmefence":2spg23eh said:
Gallon jug of water air temp. No ice.

Seriously. 90.00 for a cup.

July in Texas....whats that take? About a half hour to boil away into steam? :lol2:

callmefence":3orwcwyi said:

I don't know how you stand warm water. Mine at least has to be cool. Right now I actually just freeze a couple 1 quart Gatorade bottles but they won't make it all day before the water gets warm.

The 2 quart ones are $90 not sure how much the cups are. Would only consider buying it with a gift card, could always get something else. Wants and needs are different.

Not an answer to the question, but I fill my water jug every morning straight from the tap, no ice. I can't stand cold water. Also, a half gallon of water won't last me long.

callmefence":1z1fu2h5 said:

I'd pay more for one now that I have one. Fenceman Yeti makes a cool-e for cans that's supposedly unbelievable also. I would never pay 10 times as much for an ice chest either, till I tried one and then I did. These new coolers are like smartphones. IMO

Me either. I'd rather warm water as ice cold water. And I can drink a lot of water. No way I'm gonna drop a hundred bucks on a cup. And my wife better not for a gift either.

True Grit Farms":2iw3jnht said:
callmefence":2iw3jnht said:

I'd pay more for one now that I have one. Fenceman Yeti makes a cool-e for cans that's supposedly unbelievable also. I would never pay 10 times as much for an ice chest either, till I tried one and then I did. These new coolers are like smartphones. IMO

I've heard that many times. I've considered and probably will buy a cooler for my 2 to 3 day
Fishing breaks on the river.

In all honesty I do keep a couple of frozen water bottles in my lunch box to drink with lunch. But for during the day I drink warm water when I'm thirsty. When I'm hot I find shade, a creek, or get in the a/c.
I've seen more than one tough young man broken down by trying to cool off chugging ice water. ...dangerous

JMJ Farms":2e0h62ol said:
Milk jug 1/2 to 3/4 full of water. Freeze it solid. Then finish filling with water. Will gradually melt and keep you cold water all day. Free.

BUT with that being said I've got one of the Yeti cups my wife bought me. Not sure what it's called. Fill it with ice every morning and usually refill with warm water two more times each day before it melts the ice. Fill it with ice and water when I get ready for bed and the next morning it still has 1/2 the ice. I absolutely use it more than anything else I own besides my truck. FWIW a friend of mine has one from Walmart and they are as good or better. But I don't shop at Walmart.
I've used the frozen milk jugs for ages. Works great. I begin with tea in them though. Guess I'm tight. Not gonna spend $90 bucks on a drinking glass no matter what name is on it.

Before all of these fancy water jugs came out my mother took a burlap sack and fashioned it and wrapped a gallon fruit jar with it. Filled it with well water and soaked the burlap with water. That was our water cooler.

If you own an ipad, or 20 guns for a family of 4, then buy the cup :)...or ask for it for your birthday. If your money is better spent on other things, freeze the milk jug.

My Yeti cups are good. I have a 32 ounce. Put ice in it and fill it with tea. After the tea is gone I can pour ambient temperature water in it and melt the ice slightly. Ice remains for two fills of water and I will have a touch of ice in there in the evening when I get home.

Latest posts