Are we friends?

Help Support CattleToday:

I would like to consider us all friends. Sometimes friends piss each other off, so it's a fit! :lol:

If you any one winds up in a jam in this area and needs help, give me a holler.

JMJ Farms":3aay8y80 said:
Lots of times I repeat something that was posted by one of the forum members and it usually starts like this.... "A friend of mine from Texas (CB in this case) said that Brahman influenced momma cows are hard to beat." I refer to CB as a 'friend'. I've never met him. Wouldn't know him if he walked up. This applies to CB, Margo, GB, TC, Sky, Fence, Joe, Tux, Nesikep, Bigfoot and pretty much every other member on this board that I converse with on a regular basis. Some of which I hardly ever agree with, especially on matters not pertaining to cattle. I'm rambling a little bit. But I still refer to them as 'friends' in daily conversations. Is this misuse of the term 'friends'? Do you have to know someone personally to refer to them as a 'friend'? My answer is no. Because I think if I was broke down in Farmersville, TX I could get in touch with Slick and he'd come help me, even though I've never met him. What do y'all think?

I have done the same thing, many times! Even though I have not met these folks face to face, I "feel" as though we are friends. I would welcome just about any of these people to our place for a cup of coffee, "a cold one", etc.

Caustic Burno":daice5bq said:
JMJ Farms":daice5bq said:
Lots of times I repeat something that was posted by one of the forum members and it usually starts like this.... "A friend of mine from Texas (CB in this case) said that Brahman influenced momma cows are hard to beat." I refer to CB as a 'friend'. I've never met him. Wouldn't know him if he walked up. This applies to CB, Margo, GB, TC, Sky, Fence, Joe, Tux, Nesikep, Bigfoot and pretty much every other member on this board that I converse with on a regular basis. Some of which I hardly ever agree with, especially on matters not pertaining to cattle. I'm rambling a little bit. But I still refer to them as 'friends' in daily conversations. Is this misuse of the term 'friends'? Do you have to know someone personally to refer to them as a 'friend'? My answer is no. Because I think if I was broke down in Farmersville, TX I could get in touch with Slick and he'd come help me, even though I've never met him. What do y'all think?

Here is the pic of a Baldie calf born mid May 1/2 Angus 1/4 Hereford and Brahman you decide

CB, that never was a decision. I'm 100% with you on your assessment this time. I absolutely love a momma cow with some Brahman influence in my part of the country. With the heat, bugs, and mild winters by most standards, they are a perfect fit. I just wanted to know if you were my friend you old codger :lol:

Caustic Burno":2x2a6qsv said:
Nesikep":2x2a6qsv said:
Caustic Burno":2x2a6qsv said:
HeII yes I am as friendly as a house cat
That's not saying much :p, I've seen a few ornery ones
Have had the Mrs claim I have the disposition of a Timber Rattler.

Pull his fangs and he's harmless as a heel hound :lol: I bet CB is cuddly as an old teddy bear :hide:

Where's Fence at? I know he's got something to say :bang:

All jokes aside, I'm glad that it appears most of us actually agree on this (write that one down in the archives). That's good to know. I really enjoy this forum and hope one day I actually get to meet some more of yall :tiphat:

Yep id like to meet some people on here to im hoping i can meet walnutcrest when i go to the graham school in april

I consider people on here as friends. We may have different views and life experiences, but we have a shared interest in cattle.

Cross-7":11yjwdqr said:
I'm friendly with everyone
Not many people I wouldn't help if I could if asked, but not many I want to hang out with either :D
Now I've got a goal, I want to crack the short exclusive list of folks Cross would hang out with. A tall order to be sure.
I guess I would just echo the sentiments of many others. Most folks here seem like nice enough folks and certainly genuine. I suspect if about anyone I've "met" here (excluding a couple outliers) said they were in my country and needed a hand, I'd offer it right up.

I'd help anyone here move cows, but if the same folks ask me to help 'em move (especially a body) --probably not.. ;-)

greybeard":15yty7u3 said:
I'd help anyone here move cows, but if the same folks ask me to help 'em move (especially a body) --probably not.. ;-)
So if i need help hiding a body i shouldn't call you? :frowns:

:lol: :lol:

ez14":3czb46ll said:
greybeard":3czb46ll said:

GB can be kinda of prickly at times
it would depend on the body

Caustic Burno":1zb6klw4 said:
ez14":1zb6klw4 said:
greybeard":1zb6klw4 said:

GB can be kinda of prickly at times
it would depend on the body
so it might be worth asking :lol:

I'll just give you a good example... I'm pretty new here, and I started a thread about an upcoming vacation. M-5 gave me his number and the offer to buy breakfast if I came his way, and also the offer of help if anything went wrong. I've yet to meet him, but that is what I would call a friend, and I'm sure there are many others on here that would do the same. I know I would. It's what most country folks do as a part of their everyday lives, unfortunately we're not predominantly a rural society in this nation anymore.

Clodhopper":o3zoawza said:
I'll just give you a good example... I'm pretty new here, and I started a thread about an upcoming vacation. M-5 gave me his number and the offer to buy breakfast if I came his way, and also the offer of help if anything went wrong. I've yet to meet him, but that is what I would call a friend, and I'm sure there are many others on here that would do the same. I know I would. It's what most country folks do as a part of their everyday lives, unfortunately we're not predominantly a rural society in this nation anymore.

He probably just wanted you to haul some extra hay off. You can't teach what M5 has.

Latest posts