Are we friends?

Help Support CattleToday:

JMJ Farms

Reaction score
Lots of times I repeat something that was posted by one of the forum members and it usually starts like this.... "A friend of mine from Texas (CB in this case) said that Brahman influenced momma cows are hard to beat." I refer to CB as a 'friend'. I've never met him. Wouldn't know him if he walked up. This applies to CB, Margo, GB, TC, Sky, Fence, Joe, Tux, Nesikep, Bigfoot and pretty much every other member on this board that I converse with on a regular basis. Some of which I hardly ever agree with, especially on matters not pertaining to cattle. I'm rambling a little bit. But I still refer to them as 'friends' in daily conversations. Is this misuse of the term 'friends'? Do you have to know someone personally to refer to them as a 'friend'? My answer is no. Because I think if I was broke down in Farmersville, TX I could get in touch with Slick and he'd come help me, even though I've never met him. What do y'all think?

I agree that you don't necessarily have to have shaken someone's hand in order to refer to them as a friend. And, I would be glad to help out anyone on this board if they needed it and I was able to. In fact, I rather no one be in distress and just stop by for visit.

I think so a lot of the people on here seem like great people that id like to visit there are several on here that i believe i could call if i was in their area and needed help fence slick bigfoot frieghttrain jmj come to mind and im sure there are more

JMJ Farms":fjq8tyjv said:
Lots of times I repeat something that was posted by one of the forum members and it usually starts like this.... "A friend of mine from Texas (CB in this case) said that Brahman influenced momma cows are hard to beat." I refer to CB as a 'friend'. I've never met him. Wouldn't know him if he walked up. This applies to CB, Margo, GB, TC, Sky, Fence, Joe, Tux, Nesikep, Bigfoot and pretty much every other member on this board that I converse with on a regular basis. Some of which I hardly ever agree with, especially on matters not pertaining to cattle. I'm rambling a little bit. But I still refer to them as 'friends' in daily conversations. Is this misuse of the term 'friends'? Do you have to know someone personally to refer to them as a 'friend'? My answer is no. Because I think if I was broke down in Farmersville, TX I could get in touch with Slick and he'd come help me, even though I've never met him. What do y'all think?

I say we all are even when we don't agree.
Always welcome here

slick4591":bolm2x4w said:
I agree that you don't necessarily have to have shaken someone's hand in order to refer to them as a friend. And, I would be glad to help out anyone on this board if they needed it and I was able to. In fact, I rather no one be in distress and just stop by for visit.
Agree all around.

This is a great bunch of people on here that I'd give the shirt off my back too so yes I consider y'all my friends! Good thing I don't live in middle Georgia or I'd be roped into pulling Coffeeweed!

It's proper use. I find myself saying it to. I actually wouldn't say "I was talking to a guy on a forum, and he said keep my calves till spring". People would think I had a loose screw. To say, "a buddy down in Mississippi said I better hold em, sounds much better. Plus, it's the truth I consider most here a friend. Several people here that I value their opinion.

Caustic Burno":y8s56gtb said:
JMJ Farms":y8s56gtb said:

Always welcome here

Even MF135? Remember that jackass?

I think I'd get along fine with most of the people here, even if we don't often agree on politics or cattle.. Sitting around and chatting conveys emotions and nuances of what you're trying to say a whole lot better than text on a screen.. If I didn't live so far away from anyone else I'm sure I'd have met some of you by now

True Grit Farms":1vh3o9qx said:
Caustic Burno":1vh3o9qx said:
JMJ Farms":1vh3o9qx said:

Always welcome here

Even MF135? Remember that jackass?

Forgot about him your right.
Now go write that down.

We absolutely are! I definitely have more in common with everyone on this board than friends from growing up, school, sorority, when I worked - it was a whole other life. Plus, I've learned so much from all of you and value your opinions; good, bad or indifferent. Always an open invite at Triple Creek Ranch!

JMJ Farms":feqxzys8 said:
Agree or not I consider everyone on the forum a friend. Never met any but we're still friends at least I feel that way. They may disagree. :lol: :lol:

TexasBred":16ow6j34 said:
JMJ Farms":16ow6j34 said:
Agree or not I consider everyone on the forum a friend. Never met any but we're still friends at least I feel that way. They may disagree. :lol: :lol:
i highly DISAGREE i think your a ******* :hide: ;-) :lol: just joking

JMJ Farms":bc9yxdc1 said:

Here is the pic of a Baldie calf born mid May 1/2 Angus 1/4 Hereford and Brahman you decide

Bigfoot":2cinwrfj said:
It's proper use. I find myself saying it to. I actually wouldn't say "I was talking to a guy on a forum, and he said keep my calves till spring". People would think I had a loose screw. To say, "a buddy down in Mississippi said I better hold em, sounds much better. Plus, it's the truth I consider most here a friend. Several people here that I value their opinion.

Same here, I actually do it a lot because everyone on here seems to have solid advice in at least one field of expertise, whether that be cattle or machinery or cooking or whatever. Lends more creedence to a conversation than, "I read on the Internet..." I don't have enough hours in my day to get out and meet these kind of knowledgable people in the real world.

I'm friendly with everyone
Not many people I wouldn't help if I could if asked, but not many I want to hang out with either :D

I don't think you are misusing the term at all. I've met several on the board and haven't been disappointed and have even had one member go way out of their way to help my son with something and this was very much appreciated.