Are we friends?

Help Support CattleToday:

JMJ Farms":1ujyi2m1 said:
Lots of times I repeat something that was posted by one of the forum members and it usually starts like this.... "A friend of mine from Texas (CB in this case) said that Brahman influenced momma cows are hard to beat." I refer to CB as a 'friend'. I've never met him. Wouldn't know him if he walked up. This applies to CB, Margo, GB, TC, Sky, Fence, Joe, Tux, Nesikep, Bigfoot and pretty much every other member on this board that I converse with on a regular basis. Some of which I hardly ever agree with, especially on matters not pertaining to cattle. I'm rambling a little bit. But I still refer to them as 'friends' in daily conversations. Is this misuse of the term 'friends'? Do you have to know someone personally to refer to them as a 'friend'? My answer is no. Because I think if I was broke down in Farmersville, TX I could get in touch with Slick and he'd come help me, even though I've never met him. What do y'all think?

There is many on here that I do not care much for their personal views on some things and quite honestly JMJ some of yours are them. However, Above all I can consider you a friend with no quams about it. If anyone whether we share like opinions on things or not and needed help that I could give you I would be there to help in a minute. We are all farmers and share a love for the land and animals and that to me is an unbreakable community whether we share same views. That being said I would have no issues with anyone breaking bread with me or helping.

skyhightree1":2osu7h9v said:
JMJ Farms":2osu7h9v said:
Lots of times I repeat something that was posted by one of the forum members and it usually starts like this.... "A friend of mine from Texas (CB in this case) said that Brahman influenced momma cows are hard to beat." I refer to CB as a 'friend'. I've never met him. Wouldn't know him if he walked up. This applies to CB, Margo, GB, TC, Sky, Fence, Joe, Tux, Nesikep, Bigfoot and pretty much every other member on this board that I converse with on a regular basis. Some of which I hardly ever agree with, especially on matters not pertaining to cattle. I'm rambling a little bit. But I still refer to them as 'friends' in daily conversations. Is this misuse of the term 'friends'? Do you have to know someone personally to refer to them as a 'friend'? My answer is no. Because I think if I was broke down in Farmersville, TX I could get in touch with Slick and he'd come help me, even though I've never met him. What do y'all think?

There is many on here that I do not care much for their personal views on some things and quite honestly JMJ some of yours are them. However, Above all I can consider you a friend with no quams about it. If anyone whether we share like opinions on things or not and needed help that I could give you I would be there to help in a minute. We are all farmers and share a love for the land and animals and that to me is an unbreakable community whether we share same views. That being said I would have no issues with anyone breaking bread with me or helping.

I get constipated if I eat too much cheese.

M-5":2lfezhma said:
skyhightree1":2lfezhma said:
JMJ Farms":2lfezhma said:

I get constipated if I eat too much cheese.

I will keep some Exlax around just for you :)

Since I've been around as a "lurker" and as a member I have enjoyed reading about and learning different Views on cattle and other things. Like to learn on everyones choices on ther breeds. Feel that if I was ever around in different parts of the country or the world where there are CT members would like to meet and see their animals. Same as everyone else if around my part of MO and need help just call. I would be glad to call yall friends.

One reason I really enjoy this forum is because everybody here, even if they disagree at times, seems like the kind of folks I'd like to sit down and have a cup of coffee or a beer with.

Don't post a bunch, but I do read a bunch. That said, I agree with most about this...if any of y'all are ever out in West-Central Tx, around Eden, y'all are welcome at Hold'Yer Horses Ranch!! But, be forewarned...there is always some work to do...lol

ropinranger":38k7cpt2 said:
Don't post a bunch, but I do read a bunch. That said, I agree with most about this...if any of y'all are ever out in West-Central Tx, around Eden, y'all are welcome at Hold'Yer Horses Ranch!! But, be forewarned...there is always some work to do...lol
Is the Barrow windmill museum still there near Eden?

Don't know for sure, I will ask around. But, the Miss Hattie's Bordello Museum is still around...lol The Freeman Museum is still here in town.

I've met several. In person. Would like to meet some others. Enjoy dialog with yet many others.

No group hugs please.

There is one I met in person, that I truly never want to see again. She was looking for an upgrade. I wasn't interested.

Bigfoot":ncfomvdl said:
It's proper use. I find myself saying it to. I actually wouldn't say "I was talking to a guy on a forum, and he said keep my calves till spring". People would think I had a loose screw. To say, "a buddy down in Mississippi said I better hold em, sounds much better. Plus, it's the truth I consider most here a friend. Several people here that I value their opinion.

This is how i do too. Like when I was talking with the guy about the winter feeding and he said everybody does it so I said "I don't think so. Let me ask my homeboys"

I considered some of you guys/gals as friends but probably won't meet you in person seeing that most of you guys/gals are in the South.