Arctic Cat Trouble?

Help Support CattleToday:

ifarm26

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone on the boards have had any experience with Arctic Cat ATV's. I bought a 400 TBX (the one with the little bed on the back) in 2006 from the dealer and it was great until last spring. The c.d.i. box was diagnosed as bad and I have been waiting on this part for over 7 months now. Arctic Cats parts store says it is back ordered but 7 months is a long back order for something i use on the farm every day. I was just wondering if anyone else had fallen victim to Arctic Cat. My trusty 1988 honda 4x4 still doing its job!

Have you tried another dealer or calling artic cat? I wouldn't handle waiting 7 months for a part very well. To me it sounds like a dealer issue rather than a manufacter issue.

I have i lot of arctic cat experience. I also have more honda experience and they are by far the best atv you can buy i have 2 right now with over 10000 miles and we have had 5 other one's over the years with over 25000 miles and they were all trouble free. my first arctic cat was a new 2004 400 4x4, I only had it about a year and only put about 2000 miles on it because it was in the shop 4 months out of the year, One time they had it 40 days putting a clutch pack in it for the second time, then the axle broke that only took about a week. And remember this was all under warranty on a brand new atv less than a year old, And i am not rough on one i use it to look for cows, feed cows, i use it alot in deer season and we ride on trails where top speed is about 15 mph. so abuse was not the problem. It also had alot of other problems engine, ect. but you get the idea. Then 4 years later we start a guided atv ride business, and it is another long story as to why but we end up with 6 more arctic cats. And they were not much better, we had alot of over heating problems, these were auto's and they had transmission trouble. so yes arctic cats are no good and honda's are the best.

I had one just like yours and the only problem I had in over 6000 miles was the magnets came loose from the flywheel and it would miss and backfire at times
I had one without the bed and had No problems at all out of it in over 8000 miles
I would check with another dealer for the parts mine was in the shop for less than a week when it had problems

I do know from a friends experience that you never want to hook up a battery charger with more than a 2 amp charge rate or try and jump them off of another vehicvle or you will blow some of the electronics and that is or any of the newer ATV or UTVs not just Artic Cat

Thanks for the replies. I have spoken to 2 different dealers and each want to make it right. I had one last Thursday who said he called arctic cat directly and told them the cdi box was backordered and I had been waiting 7 months. Arctic cat assured him that the part was available and would be here in two days and they would knock off $200 of the $629 part. Guess what, no part, backordered!! I am really frustrated with Arctic Cat. The dealers have been wonderful, but the parent company seems not to give a shyt once they have your money!!

Same thing here - I had a 440 Arctic Cat quad - ran great for a few years and started giving me trouble.

No dealer seemed to be able to fix it.

I have run Yamaha and Bombardier as well - not really great machines in my mind - left them as well

I was a Honda guy when I first started and now am back with Honda - still the best outfit around for true chores, bashing in muskeg and mountains with the ability to haul big loads.

Never a problem with service either

I will not leave them again.

Just my two cents.

Best to all

Bez

Latest posts