Cat 2 quick hitch help!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Which mower do you have?
Had mine on in probably less than 15 minutes. Kuhn GMD 240

tom4018 said:
Which mower do you have?

GMD 240. Getting on not terrible. Getting off is bad.

Bigfoot said:
tom4018 said:
Which mower do you have?

I have never tried a quick hitch. I have a dedicated place to park my mower so that it is level. It seems to help.

tom4018 said:
Bigfoot said:
tom4018 said:
Which mower do you have?

I have never tried a quick hitch. I have a dedicated place to park my mower so that it is level. It seems to help.

The black pins that the arms attach to appear to be adjustable. I believe bringing mine in will help.

Some implements recommend not using a quick hitch, check your operators manual.
Then some quick hitches don't match some implements. John Deere doesn't match Woods.
Like Tom said, Storage location is just as important.

If everything fits perfect, is level, doesnt shift, and the stars are aligned a quick hitch is a wonderful thing. When any one of those variables isn't perfect they are just as much of a PITA to hook implements up.

I think everybody has trouble from time to time hooking and unhooking a DM. My neighbor had his in the worse mess I ever seen trying to hook. I had to take my loader and pull, lift three places to get his back upright and straight position. I have a pry bar and sledge hammer handy to hook up.

jltrent said:
I think everybody has trouble from time to time hooking and unhooking a DM. My neighbor had his in the worse mess I ever seen trying to hook. I had to take my loader and pull, lift three places to get his back upright and straight position. I have a pry bar and sledge hammer handy to hook up.

Me, 3 kids, my wife, a boom pole, a sledgehammer, a 2" x 6" , and I finally drug it a couple of inches with my 4 wheeler to get it off the tractor. We're talkin off, not on. I could have fought the devil by the end.

sstterry said:
If you are looking at a quick hitch, I would recommend looking at Pat's easy change quick hitch. It is much better than the cheaper one-piece hitches and it is fully adjustable.

Pat's only way to go IMO.

https://www.agrisupply.com/pats-quick-hitch-category-1/p/70078/

Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:
If you are looking at a quick hitch, I would recommend looking at Pat's easy change quick hitch. It is much better than the cheaper one-piece hitches and it is fully adjustable.

Pat's only way to go IMO.

https://www.agrisupply.com/pats-quick-hitch-category-1/p/70078/

I see they make a cat 2 as well. Looks promising.

I use a quick hitch.

With unloading (and loading) I do some fiddling with the top link to ease tension. Thankfully the tractor I have has a 3 point hitch lower/raise button on the fender. You don't want to release the quick hitch locks to early or you will end up with a mess. The GMD 240 looks like it has a potentially better "parking stand" than my older model. So maybe that would help.

As others have said -- having a flat/level/perfect location to hook/unhook is VERY helpful.

I actually keep my Kuhn DM stored on a large pallet and I move it into and out of storage with a skid loader. Pull out and place in a flat spot to hook up/unhook.

I bought the Carter's EZ hitch and love it. For me, it was between it and Pats. For my small tractor, the extra "length" that Pats added to the lifting arm would have made some of my implements too heavy. Carters didn't add length and actually added height which was beneficial as well. That said, I would recommend the Carters if that's the way you wanted to go but couldn't speak to the Pats product, which I'm sure is very good as well.

Latest posts