Anyone want to see my bulls?

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":39ixdebi said:
There is a private school that does a good job, not sure where it is. But if you contact ABS, Slect Sires or GENEX they may have a school planned somewhere near you.

http://www.absglobal.com/
http://www.crinet.com/
http://www.selectsires.com/

The primary problem that will need to be addressed is semen storage. You will either need to locate someone that will allow you space in their tank or you will need to get one of your own. I can't stress enough the need to investigate how you'll get your tank filled with LN2. I had to drive 8 hours roundtrip in one area we were in. So check that out first. Tanks can run from 400 and up for new or re-certified tanks. You may be able to get one cheaper at a sale, but no gaurantee on how good it is.
Other then the tank, I'm just guessing, but $100-150 bucks should cover everything else. Thawing thermos, semen tweezers, straw cutter, gloves, thermometer, sheathes and gun, lubricant, paper towels, and talcum powder for the inside of the gloves on sweaty days. You can store everything in tool box. A sheathe storage tube is also handy as well as an extra gun.

dun

J Baxter":39ixdebi said:
Where is a good AI school and what kind of setup cost are involved? I'm interested in learning but AI techs are few and far inbetween in this part of the country.

We have a contract with a company named airgas here in town that delivers nitrogen to us on a regular basis. Might check with some of the welder supply companies in the phone book. The key is hospitals need liquid nitrogen so look for a local hospital and someone will be serviceing them.

Dun, dosn't the hereford bull in your picture look good for the age of his lineage . On a barn that I know of that has been painted over several times you can faintly read Line one Domino breeding. The sign would at least be 40 to 50 years old . I assume that Franks bull is a son of a son..... and so on. Maybe Txag would know.

I don't know squat about bloodlines for Herefords. His sire is OXH Domino 7002, his sire is CL 1 Domino 1046. Don't know if it tells you anything or not.

dun

ollie":2hvprjoy said:
Dun, dosn't the hereford bull in your picture look good for the age of his lineage . On a barn that I know of that has been painted over several times you can faintly read Line one Domino breeding. The sign would at least be 40 to 50 years old . I assume that Franks bull is a son of a son..... and so on. Maybe Txag would know.

ollie":1o0bt3ga said:

i'm not as familiar w/the horned lines as i am with the polled but the L1's are a very old, strong line that has been around for what seems like forever. i would guess that it probably is a descendant or relative of the one on the barn.

I didn't look back at his ancestors, but he's a Polled Hereford.

dun

txag":1czz0dl8 said:
ollie":1czz0dl8 said:

i'm not as familiar w/the horned lines as i am with the polled but the L1's are a very old, strong line that has been around for what seems like forever. i would guess that it probably is a descendant or relative of the one on the barn.

dun":2zytvot7 said:
I didn't look back at his ancestors, but he's a Polled Hereford.

dun

txag":2zytvot7 said:
ollie":2zytvot7 said:

cl 1 domino 1046 is horned. oxh domino 7002 is horned too.

Latest posts