Anyone cutting hay now?

Help Support CattleToday:

Did you get your hay in? I was in Lockhart when it hit there about 9:30 like a cow trying to desolve a flat rock and just got back to he house (15 miles) and it's the same here.Z

Nope. Had trouble with the baler first thing in the morning and by the time I got it going and had the 1st bale at 4 ft rolled it started pouring and the belts started slipping. I couldn't even tie that bale so I just dumped it and headed to the barn. Maybe it will dry off by Sunday evening. We took the chance, better luck next time.

Yeah, I think we will cut the rest of the fields tomorrow and be ready to bale Sunday afternoon or Monday. It looks good and sunny this weekend. It should dry out whats on the ground now. We've got about 30 acres to put down yet. But hey, our oats are up about 3 inches now!

Well with this screwed up hand I ain't getting any riding done but I can drive a drive a tractor or a truck. I don't know how far apart we are but I don't have any plans for the weekend.Z

Were about 150 miles from you I figure. Thanks for the offer, but my brother in law is taking off work this weekend and we've only got 2 tractors anyway. He rakes and I bale so it works out pretty good.

Latest posts