Anybody tried one of these Mineral Feeders yet?

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
http://www.ameriag.com/

XlYXe2.jpg

Just a feeder in a tire with the bottom filled with concrete is my guess. Wouldn't be hard to make one and save some money... We did have a feeder a long time ago where the base was filled with concrete. The top lasted us at least 10 years and once that was broke off we used the base to feed some beef show steers that liked tipping over their feed pans. Worked great.

jltrent":3evlgciy said:
http://www.ameriag.com/

XlYXe2.jpg

After watching my bull knock a 200 lb lick tub around like it was nothing, I wouldn't put my money into that mineral feeder. There are other types out there that sit low to the ground, about 3 ft diameter (round) and have a heavy thick rubber mat over the top to keep rain out. I have this kinds for years and the cattle have yet to turn it over. It looks similar to : http://www.prideofthefarm.com/index.php ... Itemid=653

I saw those at a farm show had some bullet fly applicators attached thought that may be interesting they where pretty heavy gauge I am on a don't buy until the old wears out stage so may be awhile

Talin":3ags3m1y said:
I saw those at a farm show had some bullet fly applicators attached thought that may be interesting they where pretty heavy gauge I am on a don't buy until the old wears out stage so may be awhile
co-op in sulphur springs has them. $165 and you will have find a tire.

I like it. I don't have any trees to hang a barrel feeder from, so right now mine are in the shelter taking up space.
I wouldn't think that calves would use the one with the rubber flap cover too well, if at all.

branguscowgirl":tnyfi3tw said:
I like it. I don't have any trees to hang a barrel feeder from, so right now mine are in the shelter taking up space.
I wouldn't think that calves would use the one with the rubber flap cover too well, if at all.
Before I spent that much money in put up some kind of post and hang a barrel.

jedstivers":2v57wac1 said:
branguscowgirl":2v57wac1 said:
Before I spent that much money in put up some kind of post and hang a barrel.
Good suggestion. :D

branguscowgirl":bg44zjts said:

Calves find them when they hit about a week old, and it draws them in like a beacon. Something different in a pasture and calves are inquisitive as h3ll.

Aaron":s5r1iqqa said:
branguscowgirl":s5r1iqqa said:

Calves find them when they hit about a week old, and it draws them in like a beacon. Something different in a pasture and calves are inquisitive as h3ll.
Good to know.

branguscowgirl":3s9kr013 said:
Awe but they do. They learn from the older ones

Latest posts