Any guitar players?

Help Support CattleToday:

boondocks

Reaction score
I am trying to learn, but just starting. I have the opening lick to Folsom Prison Blues (sort of) down!

It is a harder instrument than I expected. The chords are a stretch, and my carpal tunnel is fixing to flare. But I am determined to do this (ha):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4QrJc3VQDo

(about the most beautiful song ever written, IMHO).

My fingers had trouble with the many strings on a guitar. LOL. So I played a bass. Haven't touched it in many years. But enjoyed it.

You will get it if you stick to it. It's all muscle memory after you get your fingers to bend how you need them to.

Definitely a favorite tune.

Haven't played seriously since 96 but was really good at one time. Now I just play to amuse the occasional guest.

boondocks":2ppz2634 said:
I am trying to learn, but just starting. I have the opening lick to Folsom Prison Blues (sort of) down!

It is a harder instrument than I expected. The chords are a stretch, and my carpal tunnel is fixing to flare. But I am determined to do this (ha):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4QrJc3VQDo

(about the most beautiful song ever written, IMHO).

If that's you in the video, your pretty good.

I know 3 cords. Always wanted to play an instrument as a kid. I always figured,"Hey, you wanna come up to my dorm room and hear me play the tuba?" Might not be the chick magnet I was looking for. So I settled on the guitar.

Boondocks, I'll watch in the morning when I get to wifi. My son is the one taking lessons. He has some awesome tunes. Cash and that era are among my favorites

Bigfoot":3cinirpq said:
If that's you in the video, your pretty good.

I know 3 cords. Always wanted to play an instrument as a kid. I always figured,"Hey, you wanna come up to my dorm room and hear me play the tuba?" Might not be the chick magnet I was looking for. So I settled on the guitar.

:lol: :lol: :lol: In another lifetime...
I always wonder what it would be like to have such a strong talent (in anything!).
And yeah, you're probably right that tuba isn't the biggest chick magnet. (Although, it did work for my high school friend. Of course, she was a chick. (gay, so that worked out ok for her I guess).

Speaking of Folsom prison blues, here's Everlast's interpretation of it I really like though it's certailnly very different from it's original form, he did a great job on it
https://youtu.be/zmt6OyRqb8A

I played a little guitar 20 years ago, but my sausage fingers don't bend well enough and I don't have the time or energy to learn it right.. I still have my Yamaha electric and a really beautiful Kazuyo Yairi with abalone inlay.. Was offered $2k for it... I'd like to keep it around still though

boondocks":20vs7lcm said:
Wow, great Prince solo! Gotta admit I never appreciated his guitar skills until fairly recently....

He was an odd duck, but would apparently play anything with the same amount of skill. Eric clapton was once asked what it was like to be the best guitar player on earth, and he said - I don't know, you'll have to ask prince.

As for the above clip, the story was he was left off of a rolling stones top 100 guitarists list - so he worked his way into that 2004 hall of fame induction show, didnt really rehearse with the guys - just told them he'd be ready for the show and then stole the show just to prove a point. For a guy hardly over 5ft tall, he always controlled a stage and then disappeared back to Minnesota to hide away from fame. And according to Charlie Murphy he was really good at basketball too. :lol2:

Supa Dexta":33ol8kkr said:
boondocks":33ol8kkr said:
Wow, great Prince solo! Gotta admit I never appreciated his guitar skills until fairly recently....

He was an odd duck, but would apparently play anything with the same amount of skill. Eric clapton was once asked what it was like to be the best guitar player on earth, and he said - I don't know, you'll have to ask prince.

As for the above clip, the story was he was left off of a rolling stones top 100 guitarists list - so he worked his way into that 2004 hall of fame induction show, didnt really rehearse with the guys - just told them he'd be ready for the show and then stole the show just to prove a point. For a guy hardly over 5ft tall, he always controlled a stage and then disappeared back to Minnesota to hide away from fame. And according to Charlie Murphy he was really good at basketball too. :lol2:

Was talking to my guitar teacher tonight (figured I'd spring for a few lessons, see how it goes, since I'm getting such a late start at guitar as well as cows lol). He recorded in LA years ago at the studio Price was recording at, at the same time. He said the guy was incredibly focused, and would have a mattress delivered to the studio and not leave until it was done.

Latest posts