Any guesses??

Help Support CattleToday:

txshowmom

Reaction score
Okay guys I'd love to hear what you think of her.
Picture014.jpg

She looks like a smaller framed version of some of the Gelbvieh females that we've got. Can't really tell much from the picture though, beyond that she's got a tidy udder, decent looking feet and appears a little thin.

Is she a Limo/Char cross?

Take care.

CattleAnnie":3akucw7l said:
She looks like a smaller framed version of some of the Gelbvieh females that we've got. Can't really tell much from the picture though, beyond that she's got a tidy udder, decent looking feet and appears a little thin.

Is she a Limo/Char cross?

Take care.

She's really a funny conditioned cow in some ways to my eye. Her butt says she needs more condition, but her ribs say she's carrying enough condition. Some folks do like a BCS of 5. Cows this time of year are really tough to judge because of the forage conditions of so many different areas. Soin genral I'ld say she;s a little oder Gelbvieh that needs a little condition or a younger Gelbveih cross.
But our remaingin Gelbvieh cross even now is fat as a pig and there aren;t any decent Gelbvieh herds left around this area.
I'ld give her a chance to give me a good crossbred (Red Angus or better yet Polled Hereford) calf to see how she does.
I do like her udder, but if she's a oung cow she should have a good udder, if she's =7 she's got a great udder, as long as she has the milk to support a good growthy calf.

dun

It's kinda hard to judge with her head down... if you can get her to look up it would make a better picture. Sometimes they just don't want to cooperate!

TheBullLady":3i2w95be said:
It's kinda hard to judge with her head down... if you can get her to look up it would make a better picture. Sometimes they just don't want to cooperate!
She is trying to keep her balance with her nose. Just like the yellow one. Are these cows drunk?

She reminds me of a limousin angus cross cow i have. will try to post picture one day. her udder reminds me of a limousin, her hindquarters remind me of a simmental, she looks like a gelbviegh too. i think texasshowmom likes gelbviehs though...hmm. maybe she is a blonde de A'quitaine :eek:

Since ive seen limousin angus crosses come out looking like that i figured an angus gelbvieh cross could too so i'm going to go with that.

txshowmom":9t8o98z2 said:
Okay guys I'd love to hear what you think of her]

Showmom
Sure looks like you stole some cows from my ranch. Now I know where they all gone to. When they all bred to that $16,000.00 bull you can bring them all back and I won't call Oldtimer to arrest you.

Lost Hope Ranch":1dat5tms said:
txshowmom":1dat5tms said:
Okay guys I'd love to hear what you think of her]

Showmom
Sure looks like you stole some cows from my ranch. Now I know where they all gone to. When they all bred to that $16,000.00 bull you can bring them all back and I won't call Oldtimer to arrest you.

Thanks I'll do that! She is fixing to drop a calf and day now. She is bred to a Gelbvieh bull that we sold a few weeks ago to a commercial cow man out of northern Arizona of all places.

txshowmom":2nebq6zj said:
Thanks I'll do that! She is fixing to drop a calf and day now. She is bred to a Gelbvieh bull that we sold a few weeks ago to a commercial cow man out of northern Arizona of all places.

Hmmm
Showmom;Three of our ranches are in Northern Arizona. Do you have a problem with that? Or are you insinuating there is something wrong with cow-people, cattle or ranches in that area?

Lost Hope Ranch":16wys2la said:
txshowmom":16wys2la said:

Hmmm
Showmom;Three of our ranches are in Northern Arizona. Do you have a problem with that? Or are you insinuating there is something wrong with cow-people, cattle or ranches in that area?

I'm sure txshowmom will comment, but I think that her comment, was just that, a comment. I didn't read any insinuation into it. Did you mean to follow your post with a smiley? If not, you are being a bit sensitive. Although, it would be funny if txshowmom posted back that, what you stated is in fact exactly what she was insinuating! :eek: Are you sure that one of your ranch managers didn't recently import a fine Gelbvieh bull? This thread was a lot of fun. :(

Latest posts