Any guesses??

Help Support CattleToday:

Lost Hope Ranch":2by3onwv said:
txshowmom":2by3onwv said:
Thanks I'll do that! She is fixing to drop a calf and day now. She is bred to a Gelbvieh bull that we sold a few weeks ago to a commercial cow man out of northern Arizona of all places.

Hmmm
Showmom;Three of our ranches are in Northern Arizona. Do you have a problem with that? Or are you insinuating there is something wrong with cow-people, cattle or ranches in that area?

Went from nice conversation to not so nice real quick didn't we. :roll:
You might want to toughen up just a little.

I'd guess that she merely thought it unusual and/or somewhat unexpected for her family's operation in central Texas to be selling a bull into northern Arizona -- it is a pretty long haul. Seems like many people these days are way too touchy and need to grow a little thicker hide. :lol:

Arnold Ziffle":1j0c4548 said:
I'd guess that she merely thought it unusual and/or somewhat unexpected for her family's operation in central Texas to be selling a bull into northern Arizona -- it is a pretty long haul. Seems like many people these days are way too touchy and need to grow a little thicker hide. :lol:

EXACTLY! Just thought it odd for us to be sending one to Arizona. Never sent one that way or even had any lookers from that part of the country. Sure wasn't meant as a negative comment about AZ.

Arnold Ziffle":lih6torv said:
Very well said! I agree. :cboy:

cherokeeruby":1zi76gy9 said:
OK, dun, if this is an example of your crappy cow why are you keeping heifers out of her and also still have her dam?

I should have sad crappy "looking". But as I also said, pretty is as pretty does. And she and her daughter have raised some great calves. You've seen the pics of her daughters so she is a decent cow, just looks awful. Her daughter is the only one that we have bred to a Simmenthal this year. I know she'll be able to calf without problems and raise a good calf. She's one of those smaller cows that could probably pass a Buick without any trouble. Her mother, the crappy "looking" cow is the same way. Thing that's strange is she alwasy calves standing up.

dun