Any chance these guys will work.

Help Support CattleToday:

820fred15rgtclosegoodem.jpg

820boots14rightem.jpg

820max11roundbaleheadupem.jpg

They look okay. Why would you think it was a scam? How old are they?

What do you plan to use them for?
They look ok at best.
I would like to see better backs on them.
Before using a crossbred bull I would read up on this link:
http://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26500
lots of discussion on crossbred bulls
how old are they? do you have any type of data on them (bw, ww, yw, scrotal size...)?
i would need to see them walk and a sperm test before i could tell you if they could actually get work done or not.

Ryan

I don't understand the "scam" either, but I do have a question about Black Herefords. If I read the associations rules correctly, you can register your Black hereford as a purebred Black Hereford with only 87.5% black hereford blood. Can the other 12.5% be any other breed. I see Black Herefords allow percentage registration at 62.5%, again I assuming that percentage Black Hereford can be any other breed. So, if I'm correct then you can take a Black Baldy cow and breed her back to a Hereford (red) bull and as long as it has a black hide it is a reg. Black Hereford.

I don't think starting a new breed is a scam, but wether they fly or not is another question. Although I think that the Black Herefords will have a good chance of making it because of the hide color. Hey they can qualify for CAB :D .... but not CHB :( .

Alan

Ryan":9yakqd45 said:
*Cowgirl*":9yakqd45 said:
Why would you think it was a scam?

I think it is b/c they are calling them "black herefords"

Black Hereford is the name of a distinct composite breed, with their own registry, breeders, and website. I don't think you can call it a scam. They are pretty honest about using Angus genetics to help set their color.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I gotta have me one of these!

Alice

I think they have to be 87.5% Hereford, don't they.

It's just what you want your cattle to be I guess. Nobody seems to have many problems letting SimAngus be registered within the Simmental Association at half-bloods. Not saying I would be a huge fan of Black Herefords, but I don't see using them and breeding them as big as deal as some people.

So this is different than a black baldie?

A real scam would be if their balls were plastic and duct taped on and you actually had steers.

Not real sure how I feel about taking the good old black baldie and Reg. it then calling it a Black Hereford. But....... at the very least they seem to have good scrotal development which is more then I can say for some of the bulls posted on here as of late.

My way of thinking would be there is far too much white to be called baldies - how are these guys being graded at feeder sales? Are they selling comparable to AngusX or are they getting hereford type money - which in our area would be about $10 -15/ cwt. discount ? Just curious.

When it comes to herefords I'm a purist.

To comment on these bulls....I think if you use just about any purebred hereford bull on holsteins your result won't be very different from these.

I really don't have a dog in this fight but I don't understand why everyone gets so upset about this new breed. Whats' the difference in black Herefords and black anything else.....black beefmasters, black Charolais, black Simmentals, black Limousins? Should I go on? If we all wake up and realize the truth, none of these breeds turned black by a miracle from up above. Where did the black color come from in each of these breeds? Had to be Angus influence.

Rustler9":3qva2fzl said:
I really don't have a dog in this fight but I don't understand why everyone gets so upset about this new breed. Whats' the difference in black Herefords and black anything else.....black beefmasters, black Charolais, black Simmentals, black Limousins? Should I go on? If we all wake up and realize the truth, none of these breeds turned black by a miracle from up above. Where did the black color come from in each of these breeds? Had to be Angus influence.

If I'm not mistaken, the problem lies in that all of those breeds you mentioned recognize the black animals in their breed registries. Hereford does not, hence the push to use some other name besides Black Hereford.

I also have to agree with putting a hereford bull on a group of steins and getting the same thing.

El_Putzo":17y5j38d said:
Rustler9":17y5j38d said:

If I'm not mistaken, the problem lies in that all of those breeds you mentioned recognize the black animals in their breed registries. Hereford does not, hence the push to use some other name besides Black Hereford.

I also have to agree with putting a hereford bull on a group of steins and getting the same thing.
El_Putzo is 100% correct in his assessment.

Latest posts