Another set of Simmental twins.

Help Support CattleToday:

jd720

Reaction score
I really don`t like it when they have twins but it seems we have at least one set a year since going to all Simmental. One thing I will say is they are great mothers and very fertile or this wouldn`t happen so often in a small herd of 25-30 cows. These are also the first calves out of the One Eyed Jack bull I raised. The cow is a Cowboy Cut X Yardley High Regard and she`s an excellent mother with a great disposition.

Nice looking family! We have no simms, but get at least one set of twins per year too. Even when had only 10-20 cows. In 14 years probably had just one year without twins.

Until this year I hadn't had a set of twins in a long time (140 births?).. then one year I had 3 sets in a row

Nice set!

FlyingLSimmentals":30eskc8k said:
Yes, the Simmental are twinning machines. Seem like mine twin as often as the deer. She's a sharp looking cow with 2 nice calves though.

Thanks . I`m going to breed her to HPF Quantum leap this time and hope for just one heifer out of that mating.

Jeanne I`m sorry to say that it`s a bull and a heifer. I`m really wanting to get some heifers out of this cow since her Grandam is the Cream Soda donor cow that Hudson Pines sold so many out of.

Latest posts