Another Red angus Herdsire

Help Support CattleToday:

BRG

Reaction score
This is one of our heifer bulls. I took this photo about a week ago and he has only been running out on grass alone. He bred about 35 heifers for Cambell Red Angus in June/July and then 35 more for us in Aug/Sept this summer. He may not be the thickest bull, but does throw enough muscle. I really like his length and the way he travels. A real athlete. His EPDs suck for performance, but his calves grow as good as the rest. In our bull sale this past fall, he was the hghest averaging sire with his 17 sons averaging $3400 with the high selling being $4500. He also throws a bigger REA. The same 17 bulls averaged 1.13 sq inches of REA/cwt.

Addiction_Mature_Front_View_Cover_Photo.JPG

Addiction_Mature_Side_View.JPG

BRG":26738gmw said:
This is one of our heifer bulls. I took this photo about a week ago and he has only been running out on grass alone. He bred about 35 heifers for Cambell Red Angus in June/July and then 35 more for us in Aug/Sept this summer. He may not be the thickest bull, but does throw enough muscle. I really like his length and the way he travels. A real athlete. His EPDs suck for performance, but his calves grow as good as the rest. In our bull sale this past fall, he was the hghest averaging sire with his 17 sons averaging $3400 with the high selling being $4500. He also throws a bigger REA. The same 17 bulls averaged 1.13 sq inches of REA/cwt.

Addiction_Mature_Front_View_Cover_Photo.JPG

Addiction_Mature_Side_View.JPG
thats a heck of a nice looking bull.he sure didnt lose any condtion.esp with breeding 70 heifers in 2 60 day periods.i can see why he sires good bulls.

Actually it is a 60 day period and ours is a 45 day period. Instead of 2 60 day seasons

But thanks for the compliments!!!

Who is he, BRG? Numbers really don't matter if they are good, usefull cattle. We have a poor epd heifer bull too. His calves perform pretty well too. The buyers must not of cared about his numbers. Pretty decent bull!

He is DKK Addiction N10 Reg. # 923316. We purchased him from Klompien Red Angus, MT through the Midland bull test a few years back.

Oh, watching your sale I liked his calves real well. Never looked at his numbers, but nice cattle from him. You had a nice bunch of ET calves by him didn't you?

Ya we had 8 full brothers by him and LMG Miss Dynette 902

Latest posts