Another One Gone

Help Support CattleToday:

I was/am a huge George Jones fan. I met him one time here in Brentwood at a Red Lobster. He was sitting all alone so I walked over and introduced myself. He could not have been nicer. Told me he had just dropped Nancy (his wife) off at the mall but said he didn't care much for shopping so he decided to get a bite to eat.

My wife and I were planning to attend his final show at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville in November.

RIP Mr. Jones

seen him several time out at the defunct country crossing when they were building it and I supplied all of the roofing material. He always had an entorage around him.

M5farm":1ujf959z said:
seen him several time out at the defunct country crossing when they were building it and I supplied all of the roofing material. He always had an entorage around him.
what happend to it??? it didnt last long

ALACOWMAN":3kuv0lp7 said:
M5farm":3kuv0lp7 said:
Corruption , bribes, and politicians and illegal gambling

it is a beautiful place and the the George Jones country inn was huge and on had 5 or 7 bedrooms

M5farm":3rk66xif said:
ALACOWMAN":3rk66xif said:
M5farm":3rk66xif said:
Corruption , bribes, and politicians and illegal gambling
it is a beautiful place and the the George Jones country inn was huge and on had 5 or 7 bedrooms
our x senator musta hung out there,, they just busted his sorry ass this week for misuse of campaign funds..

no all of the ex-politicians in Alabama were in with the Indians and taking bribes from them to shut CC down and Milton McGregor's place up north

M5farm":75y75zdf said:
lived alot longer than he should have with the way he lived most of his life. a great one indeed.
your right if it wasnt for his wife nancy he wouldve been gone along time ago.but she got him off of the hard stuff an kept him straight.

TennesseeTuxedo":18wuixpt said:
I was/am a huge George Jones fan. I met him one time here in Brentwood at a Red Lobster. He was sitting all alone so I walked over and introduced myself. He could not have been nicer. Told me he had just dropped Nancy (his wife) off at the mall but said he didn't care much for shopping so he decided to get a bite to eat.

My wife and I were planning to attend his final show at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville in November.

RIP Mr. Jones
i was blessed to know his cousins for years.an to hear stories of when they drove cabs in dallas.an how wild an crazy gorge was when he was driving.an when he had his amusement park here in texas his cousins went to visit him.an they took a few pics of him an his wife in their log home.i still have the pics here somewhere.

Workinonit Farm":2vpliw22 said:
ALACOWMAN":2vpliw22 said:
:cry2: just heard it ....i cant believe it :cry2:

I was surprised. He was scheduled to make an 'appearance' in Charlottesville Va. in the not too distant future.

Katherine[/quote

\
I guess finally he will have a real reason for being called "No Show Jones".

I went to see him twice. The first time I saw his bus. And the second time he made it out of the bus but couldn't make the show. He is still my favorite singer of all time.

Caustic Burno":ut3mhljj said:
ALACOWMAN":ut3mhljj said:
Caustic Burno":ut3mhljj said:
I wonder if the possum will come home to rest.
he was from your hometown wasnt he??

South of me about 30 miles.
Bought property next to mine was going to open Jones Country up and sold it and bought a bigger piece about 15 miles NE for his place.

Daddy knew him. Told stories about the early years of his career. I never got past the children he left behind.

Latest posts