Another new Grandaughter

Help Support CattleToday:

Congratulations 3way. Our little grandaughter lives with us and there is never a day when she does'nt light up our lives and make us laugh, we have been blessed.

Congrats, Grandpa! Ain't it fun? Like I always say, being a grandparent is way more fun than being a parent. As those kids get older, your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to play with them, be the hero, sugar them up, then send them home and make mom and dad pay for their raisin' :cowboy:

Congrats 3way. Those sure are some pretty girls. I hope you spoil them rotten! :nod:

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes. We went over to my son's house last night to see the older one. She is a chunk for sure. She is 3 months old today and weighs right at 15 lbs. I told my DIL i wished I had cows that could raise a calf like her. I am constantly amazed at how quickly and easily they steal your heart.

I don't know how I will ever be able to tell either one of them no. I also can't wait to see these two girls having their tea parties and such. I just hope I get invited!

Congrats 3 way and best wishes to mom, dad and the new granddaughter. We all know she WILL be loved and SPOILED. Proud for you. :nod:

3waycross":ymdx24es said:
Thanks to everyone for your well wishes. We went over to my son's house last night to see the older one. She is a chunk for sure. She is 3 months old today and weighs right at 15 lbs. I told my DIL i wished I had cows that could raise a calf like her. I am constantly amazed at how quickly and easily they steal your heart.

I don't know how I will ever be able to tell either one of them no. I also can't wait to see these two girls having their tea parties and such. I just hope I get invited!

I wont take long for those tea parties to come. I just had my first one last week. Much more rewarding being invited rather than watching. I was however asked to leave the party so I could be replaced with a scarecrow doll.

Red Bull Breeder":3q6hfq14 said:
Them granbabies are us old folks reward for raising children. It gets better as they get a little older 3way. Congratulations !!

I agree. What's really neat is watching my sons turn into fathers. I can't put my finger on it but they both seem to have a different attitude towards me and the wife. It's kind of like walking a mile in someone else's shoes.

Gelbvieh 5":wfwff3u2 said:
Red Bull Breeder":wfwff3u2 said:
Them granbabies are us old folks reward for raising children. It gets better as they get a little older 3way. Congratulations !!

I agree. What's really neat is watching my sons turn into fathers. I can't put my finger on it but they both seem to have a different attitude towards me and the wife.....kinda like walking a mile in someone else's shoes.

That's crazy, I am seeing the same thing. It's like they suddenly see the world through my eyes for a change and as the grandkids get a little older the kids become less selfish in their perspective, it's less about them and more about the Grandaughters.

I think it's not until you have your own Children that you can really start to appreciate what your own parents actually did for you. I know we know they were good to us and loved us but it seems we just take it for granted, until someone calls us Mum and Dad.

I agree with the above, my kids think I have at least SOME smarts now that they have their own kids. Congratulations, both the girls are keepers!

Latest posts