Another Great Bermuda This stuff is a Joke

Help Support CattleToday:

:lol:
Really it's a bran new hybrid! 99 percent protein thats why they call it Midland 99!
It gets pretty sticky though, almost like gumweed. That is the only thing I don't ike about it. The cows walk around with it stuck to their lips!
bif

ccmt, Don't worry about some of the people on this board. Post what you want and let the people decide what they want. You will always have the smartass comments from people hiding behind their screen name. I sometimes wonder how some of these people always seem to be on this board posting and are tending to these large cattle operations. Makes you wonder sometimes

plbcattle":3a1pixt3 said:
ccmt, Don't worry about some of the people on this board. Post what you want and let the people decide what they want. You will always have the smartass comments from people hiding behind their screen name. I sometimes wonder how some of these people always seem to be on this board posting and are tending to these large cattle operations. Makes you wonder sometimes
Dont you wonder how he did 79 posts in 24 hours?Go back and check his posts. He came in here like a Bull in a China Shop.70 out of the 79 were nonsense.

:roll:
ok,
sorry folks i don't wanna seem like i'm trying to yank anybody's chain here.
there is not a bermuda variety in the world that is higher than 16 percent protein. please correct me if'n i am wrong.
bif

buckaroo_bif":211mba8t said:
:roll:
ok,
sorry folks i don't wanna seem like i'm trying to yank anybody's chain here.
there is not a bermuda variety in the world that is higher than 16 percent protein. please correct me if'n i am wrong.
bif
Thanks Bif, That's exactly my sentiments as well.21% would have Cattle squirtin' runs from here to Hahira.

Basically it's a table of ADF Protein and digestable nutrients for 10 cultivars of Bermuda. The high was Greenfield at 16.69, the low was Russell at 15.93. The average was 15.92. Midland 99 was 15.40

dun

Farmhand":3aw94s7b said:
Got a hold of a couple of sprigs of that stuff and planted a little test plot to see what it would do. That first summer it looked great. Next spring was cold and wet and it was the only brown spot on the place. Summer was almost over before it looked good again. Glad we didn't waste the money and energy trying to start a pasture with it.
Where was this plant originally developed? Seriously, perhaps the developer should be contacted and brought up-to-date with the results everyone seems to be getting. Have any of the Experiment Stations done any work regarding this grass? It must have had some redeeming qualities when it was developed or it wouldn't have had any acceptability at all. It costs time and money to research and develop a 'new' product, or and idea and I think it is a shame to go to all that trouble if NOTHING good results. What are the specific soil and environmental requirements for it? Is it a hybrid? What are the claims for it? Should it lie ungrazed for a period of time? Perhaps it can be resuscitated if it is worth the effort and time. What are your thoughts??-

DOC HARRIS

P.S. I just clicked on the "World Feeder" web site, and read what THEY had to say about the grass. It sounds as if it is the "all-everything-answer" to everything. Some of you Ranchers who have had trouble with it should go directly to the producer and air your complaints. Perhaps you can get some information that will solve your problems. Just a thought. It seems as if it should have SOME merit!

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":21adeux0 said:
Farmhand":21adeux0 said:
Got a hold of a couple of sprigs of that stuff and planted a little test plot to see what it would do. That first summer it looked great. Next spring was cold and wet and it was the only brown spot on the place. Summer was almost over before it looked good again. Glad we didn't waste the money and energy trying to start a pasture with it.
Where was this plant originally developed? Seriously, perhaps the developer should be contacted and brought up-to-date with the results everyone seems to be getting. Have any of the Experiment Stations done any work regarding this grass? It must have had some redeeming qualities when it was developed or it wouldn't have had any acceptability at all. It costs time and money to research and develop a 'new' product, or and idea and I think it is a shame to go to all that trouble if NOTHING good results. What are the specific soil and environmental requirements for it? Is it a hybrid? What are the claims for it? Should it lie ungrazed for a period of time? Perhaps it can be resuscitated if it is worth the effort and time. What are your thoughts??-

DOC HARRIS

P.S. I just clicked on the "World Feeder" web site, and read what THEY had to say about the grass. It sounds as if it is the "all-everything-answer" to everything. Some of you Ranchers who have had trouble with it should go directly to the producer and air your complaints. Perhaps you can get some information that will solve your problems. Just a thought. It seems as if it should have SOME merit!

DOC HARRIS

DOC, we went to a World Feeder demo years ago. The "developer" is a former preacher. He had a falling out with God and was down on his luck when he found this grass growing in an old corral on his home place. He claims it's a sign from God that he's to promote it and "feed the world." Of course, he's getting rich off this gift from God, but that's another story. :) Anyway, we were interested until we couldn't get anyone from World Feeder to tell us how much fertilizer was required to get the growth they claimed.

The meeting was almost like a Baptist church revival. He told his story about how bad his life was and finding the grass made him realize how important God is in his life. Several other people "testified" and told how much grass they were getting from World Feeder. There were shouts of "amen" from the crowd. But no one discussed fertilizing requirements so we left emptyhanded. As I've read and seen more and more, I think it's close to a ripoff and discourage anyone who talks to me about it from buying the stuff.

Ok State University and the Noble Foundation here in OK have tested it. They say it's a good grass, but there are others better and much, much cheaper.

Frankie":fbjttw6n said:
DOC HARRIS":fbjttw6n said:
Farmhand":fbjttw6n said:

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS

DOC, we went to a World Feeder demo years ago. The "developer" is a former preacher. He had a falling out with God and was down on his luck when he found this grass growing in an old corral on his home place. He claims it's a sign from God that he's to promote it and "feed the world." Of course, he's getting rich off this gift from God, but that's another story. :) Anyway, we were interested until we couldn't get anyone from World Feeder to tell us how much fertilizer was required to get the growth they claimed.

The meeting was almost like a Baptist church revival. He told his story about how bad his life was and finding the grass made him realize how important God is in his life. Several other people "testified" and told how much grass they were getting from World Feeder. There were shouts of "amen" from the crowd. But no one discussed fertilizing requirements so we left emptyhanded. As I've read and seen more and more, I think it's close to a ripoff and discourage anyone who talks to me about it from buying the stuff.

Ok State University and the Noble Foundation here in OK have tested it. They say it's a good grass, but there are others better and much, much cheaper.
:shock: :eek: It is unfortunate that there seems to be someone or something in every endeavor that can't seem to get their head on straight! For people who see the glass half FULL instead of half EMPTY it is difficult to perceive that there is a charlatan in the woodpile - but there usually is one if there is a buck to be made! But - perhaps that grass could be mixed in with another mix which would provide the elements necessary for it's development! There is always a way to make lemonade out of a lemon!

DOC HARRIS

If it was a gift from god how come he's charging for it :?: a gift from GOD should be free to all mankind.i would have more respect if he said he was a sorry preacher and just needed the money.

Crowderfarms":1zv3zaz0 said:
MikeC":1zv3zaz0 said:
Crowderfarms":1zv3zaz0 said:
CommercialCattleManTN":1zv3zaz0 said:
LOL ill show you on drugs you smartass prick. Whats up with all these damned smartass remarks that everyone has to say on here. I know what I can prove and I know it had 21% because i was standing there when we got the results back jackass.
Results from where? The Meth Lab?There is NOT a pasture anywhere here in the State of Tennessee that produces 21%. Whose chain are you trying to jerk here?

I don't know Crowder. If he put 850 lbs. of Ammo-Nite out, it might be, but I doubt it too! SERIOUSLY doubt it.

You got many of this kind in Tennessee?
My Guess? Transplant.
San Francisco transplant and his same sex wife.

I think the commercial cattleman from Tennessee has jumped the fence and has hightailed it to parts unknown. Let him go!

Crowderfarms":2ehcamf3 said:
My Guess? Transplant.

Ah ha!!!!!!!!!!! So Crowder you cutting in on my market I see. :lol:

Well, maybe it was a typo. Maybe he meant 12% and got fat fingered.

Latest posts