Another Great Bermuda This stuff is a Joke

Help Support CattleToday:

Wolrld Feeder has not performed in Texas in trials as wellas some of the trials from Oklahoma. At the Overton research station it was behind Coastal, Tifton 85 and Jiggs.

Seems like there was a long discussion of WF a while back and the general impression was that it was much ado about less then nothing.

dun

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":q02ahkie said:
What's wrong with good old common bermuda?

It can't produce as many tons per acre as coastal, it doesn't grow as upright as coastal, protein and TDN are less. Coastal also produces more forage per inch of water.

There is lot's wrong with common bermuda. That's why coastal and other improved varities were produced.

I myself am running the coastal bermuda. I have a friend who had world feeder and had it tdn tested and it was 21% protein which is aight mine was about the same and it is coastal.

CommercialCattleManTN":thc1z919 said:
I myself am running the coastal bermuda. I have a friend who had world feeder and had it tdn tested and it was 21% protein which is aight mine was about the same and it is coastal.
I think you must be high on drugs.

LOL ill show you on drugs you smartass prick. Whats up with all these damned smartass remarks that everyone has to say on here. I know what I can prove and I know it had 21% because i was standing there when we got the results back jackass.

CommercialCattleManTN":utjcnsg1 said:
LOL ill show you on drugs you smartass prick. Whats up with all these damned smartass remarks that everyone has to say on here. I know what I can prove and I know it had 21% because i was standing there when we got the results back jackass.
Results from where? The Meth Lab?There is NOT a pasture anywhere here in the State of Tennessee that produces 21%. Whose chain are you trying to jerk here?

Crowderfarms":kfnjyf27 said:
CommercialCattleManTN":kfnjyf27 said:
Results from where? The Meth Lab?There is NOT a pasture anywhere here in the State of Tennessee that produces 21%. Whose chain are you trying to jerk here?

I don't know Crowder. If he put 850 lbs. of Ammo-Nite out, it might be, but I doubt it too! SERIOUSLY doubt it.

You got many of this kind in Tennessee?

MikeC":1hm7vn5b said:
Crowderfarms":1hm7vn5b said:
CommercialCattleManTN":1hm7vn5b said:

I don't know Crowder. If he put 850 lbs. of Ammo-Nite out, it might be, but I doubt it too! SERIOUSLY doubt it.

My Guess? Transplant.

Crowderfarms":i9qrh1zo said:
MikeC":i9qrh1zo said:
Crowderfarms":i9qrh1zo said:
CommercialCattleManTN":i9qrh1zo said:

My Guess? Transplant.
Hope the roots don't spread down here! :lol:

MikeC":2kiz3342 said:
Crowderfarms":2kiz3342 said:
MikeC":2kiz3342 said:
Crowderfarms":2kiz3342 said:
CommercialCattleManTN":2kiz3342 said:

My Guess? Transplant.
Hope the roots don't spread down here! :lol:
It's Glyphospherous immune too.Watch out.

Got a hold of a couple of sprigs of that stuff and planted a little test plot to see what it would do. That first summer it looked great. Next spring was cold and wet and it was the only brown spot on the place. Summer was almost over before it looked good again. Glad we didn't waste the money and energy trying to start a pasture with it.

Farmhand":1jvd2xnl said:
Got a hold of a couple of sprigs of that stuff and planted a little test plot to see what it would do. That first summer it looked great. Next spring was cold and wet and it was the only brown spot on the place. Summer was almost over before it looked good again. Glad we didn't waste the money and energy trying to start a pasture with it.
How cold tolerant is it? you live pretty far north for alot of bermuda's to perform well

Found someone not too far from us that swears by the stuff. That's why we tried a little plot. Didn't have any winter kill on it. It just plain took too long to get going in the spring. Looked great when it was going but didn't last long enough for our liking.

Medic24":3q2ghu56 said:
Be nice now boys and girls...................wow there Commercia lcattleman....joined in the last day or so, and you are already up to 79 posts....heck you'll be a Guru before the week is out! :cboy:
If rattleing your head makes a guru the woods are full of them. set me at the feet of somebody who knows a little somthing :lol:

I sprigged 22 acres of Midland 99 this spring. It seemed to do ok in spite of our drought. Would have liked to had some good rains. I guess the best thing about Midland 99 is that it is 99 percent protein. You kind of have to watch the cows when grazing it, they tend to bloat.
bif

Latest posts