another armed bystander stops shooter.. in Fla

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591":js59oxk2 said:
I was rousted one time by a couple of sheriff deputies, but that didn't let that sour me on all of them.

Every institution is wrought with the flaws inherent in humans - corruption, radicalism, prejudice, bias, incompetence, etc. It is a matter of degree.

IMO, it is not credible that the law enforcement institutions of this nation have a primary goal of forcing us all into the system for the purpose of generating commerce which is the direction this thread was headed.

ga.prime":gzw6r6ph said:
Bright Raven":gzw6r6ph said:
Commerce Bank of Beverly Hills, Milton Drysdale President, Jane Hathaway first secretary.
sy4182.jpg

Bright Raven":3c7keef8 said:
slick4591":3c7keef8 said:
I was rousted one time by a couple of sheriff deputies, but that didn't let that sour me on all of them.

Every institution is wrought with the flaws inherent in humans - corruption, radicalism, prejudice, bias, incompetence, etc. It is a matter of degree.

IMO, it is not credible that the law enforcement institutions of this nation have a primary goal of forcing us all into the system for the purpose of generating commerce which is the direction this thread was headed.

Considering your former career, I suppose that shouldn't be surprising. Compartmentalizing any single segment of a huge multi billion $ system, that stretches from it's beginning in the legislative, thru enforcement, and on thru the courts and into the prison segment makes it much easier to rationalize any given segment, but how you and Slick view things is not how the majority of Americans now view 'the justice system'.
Some departments end up with a debit, others are getting a positive revenue from housing prisoners.
https://theintercept.com/2016/06/09/loc ... prisoners/

greybeard":8tf9l122 said:
Bright Raven":8tf9l122 said:
slick4591":8tf9l122 said:

Considering your former career, I suppose that shouldn't be surprising. Compartmentalizing any single segment of a huge multi billion $ system, that stretches from it's beginning in the legislative, thru enforcement, and on thru the courts and into the prison segment makes it much easier to rationalize any given segment, but how you and Slick view things is not how the majority of Americans now view 'the justice system'.
https://theintercept.com/2016/06/09/loc ... prisoners/

As Slick posted, you are confusing the issue by creating "rabbit trails".

Repeating - no one is disputing the magnitude of the incarceration rate in the US or the cost and revenue involved in law enforcement, corrections, and imprisonment.

The issue raised by ddd75 was as follows:

police are trained to look at every situation in order to get you into jail and into the system

Some Users expressed disagreement with ddd75's point. The following sentence summarizes that disagreement.

Now, go back to running your rabbit trails.

Having always taken a very long view of things, observing long term trends, and looking at the larger picture, I will indeed continue.

ChrisB":wuewy18w said:
I don't see what's so hard to understand. The judges are obviously getting kickbacks from the private prisons. Then the lawyers are getting kickbacks from the judges. And the cops are getting kickbacks from the lawyers. And the amazing thing is all this goes down all over the country with thousands and thousands of people involved and everybody is tight lipped about it. So Obviously the Mob is involved to keep people from talking. Oh, and the judges are getting such large kickbacks, they are obviously either paying for votes or paying off election officials, that is kind of a gray area. Some people are just too blind to see it and what to live in this Utopia where everything is on the up and up. There's no way there are that many scumbags walking the streets to keep those prisons full otherwise.

I sure hope there is a healthy dose of sarcasm here

True Grit Farms":37sjzanz said:
I've started very few problems, but I'm not going to be bullied by anyone. Cops try to push and shove a person into doing something they'll regret. I got a ticket for exiting the turnpike illegally, I had no problems with the ticket at all. But after giving me the ticket the cop wanted to look in the back of my refrigerated truck. I told him no and the cop ask me what was I hiding. He called for backup and K9. The dog supposedly smelled drugs, which was a lie. I had just unloaded 15k pounds of amberjacks in Leesburg. I ened up being arrested again because I cussed and fought back. I won in court, all charges were dismissed and got a written apology. The Osceola Sheriff dept didn't know I promised my friend Judge Alto Adams that I'd never be involved drugs again. He wanted me to forget the whole ordeal and let him take care of it. I reminded him that he told me he'd bail me out one time, and if I got in trouble I could rot in jail.
I have a slew more stories because I'm the black sheep of my family. My whole family has been in upper law enforcement in Florida since 1928. A lot of people aren't so lucky to have a chance at a fair shot.

Were you a dealer, trafficker, or simply a dope head?

TennesseeTuxedo":d2gz4qhe said:
ChrisB":d2gz4qhe said:
I don't see what's so hard to understand. The judges are obviously getting kickbacks from the private prisons. Then the lawyers are getting kickbacks from the judges. And the cops are getting kickbacks from the lawyers. And the amazing thing is all this goes down all over the country with thousands and thousands of people involved and everybody is tight lipped about it. So Obviously the Mob is involved to keep people from talking. Oh, and the judges are getting such large kickbacks, they are obviously either paying for votes or paying off election officials, that is kind of a gray area. Some people are just too blind to see it and what to live in this Utopia where everything is on the up and up. There's no way there are that many scumbags walking the streets to keep those prisons full otherwise.

I sure hope there is a healthy dose of scarcasim here.

Sarcasm? If not, he is the world's leading conspiracy theorist!!!

sometimes I wish I was raised in a rural environment shielded from real life.

I'm sure most of you have not dealt with law enforcement other then social dealings. Also, the local barney cop is just another citizen with a badge. I actually think that local law enforcement offices do a good job for their community. Sheriffs and State patrols are the people who are the worst offenders.

TennesseeTuxedo":1i95hlt4 said:
True Grit Farms":1i95hlt4 said:
I've started very few problems, but I'm not going to be bullied by anyone. Cops try to push and shove a person into doing something they'll regret. I got a ticket for exiting the turnpike illegally, I had no problems with the ticket at all. But after giving me the ticket the cop wanted to look in the back of my refrigerated truck. I told him no and the cop ask me what was I hiding. He called for backup and K9. The dog supposedly smelled drugs, which was a lie. I had just unloaded 15k pounds of amberjacks in Leesburg. I ened up being arrested again because I cussed and fought back. I won in court, all charges were dismissed and got a written apology. The Osceola Sheriff dept didn't know I promised my friend Judge Alto Adams that I'd never be involved drugs again. He wanted me to forget the whole ordeal and let him take care of it. I reminded him that he told me he'd bail me out one time, and if I got in trouble I could rot in jail.
I have a slew more stories because I'm the black sheep of my family. My whole family has been in upper law enforcement in Florida since 1928. A lot of people aren't so lucky to have a chance at a fair shot.

Were you a dealer, trafficker, or simply a dope head?
Not a dope head.

Bright Raven":39no4c6e said:
TennesseeTuxedo":39no4c6e said:
ChrisB":39no4c6e said:

No, I've met that guy, he posts here as well.

JMJ Farms":3kijqmie said:
Everything is too politically correct. Officers in a catch 22. Scared of criminals. Scared of superiors. Overreact or under react. Too much force. Not enough force. I mean this with all sincerity and I'm not exaggerating. YOU COULDNT PAY ME ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY TO BE A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER working the streets.

Through my professional career, i have the good fortune to have friendships with several of our local police and sheriff's deputies. I could not agree more with you Michael! Makes me glad i walked away from USBP in my 20s(at my wifes "request").
The challenges these folks face isnt just on the street. It comes from virtually every direction. The scrutiny is REAL!

TennesseeTuxedo":3id5pqit said:
Bright Raven":3id5pqit said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3id5pqit said:

No, I've met that guy, he posts here as well.

World's leading? Wow...does he post crazy stuff like this letter stored in the Library of Congress from George Washington, our first President?

https://www.loc.gov/resource/mgw4.113_0364_0367/?sp=1

"Mount Vernon, October 24, 1798.

Revd Sir: I have your favor of the 17th. instant before me; and my only motive to trouble you with the receipt of this letter, is to explain, and correct a mistake which I perceive the hurry in which I am obliged, often, to write letters, have led you into.

It was not my intention to doubt that, the Doctrines of the Illuminati, and principles of Jacobinism had not spread in the United States. On the contrary, no one is more truly satisfied of this fact than I am.

The idea that I meant to convey, was, that I did not believe that the Lodges of Free Masons in this Country had, as Societies, endeavoured to propagate the diabolical tenets of the first, or pernicious principles of the latter (if they are susceptible of seperation). That Individuals of them may have done it, or that the founder, or instrument employed to found, the Democratic Societies in the United States, may have had these objects; and actually had a seperation of the People from their Government in view, is too evident to be questioned.

My occupations are such, that but little leisure is allowed me to read News Papers, or Books of any kind; the reading of letters, and preparing answers, absorb much of my time."

greybeard":32yt3h9x said:
The scrutiny is REAL!
As it should be, in any free society.

Certainly.
But for guys like myself and Michael(based on his previous post), the juice isn't any where near worth the squeeze.
Just thankful there are some folks willing to take the squeezing.
Anecdotally, in my local community, a law man would not have to create cases against innocents to feed 'the system'. There is no shortage of real criminals available for that.