Angus Heifer?

Help Support CattleToday:

SFFarms

Reaction score
Im looking at buying me a Angus Heifer. I looking for an yearling open with good epds and something away from 1680 gentics. I have been to some of of the local sales and i have seen them between $720-2200. Most precision influenced sold below $1000.

So my question is what would be a fair price? For an open 1 year old? Im not looking for the best just something i can A.I. and move on my small herd.

I know i will get mixed reponses if any. :)

Thanks,

SFF

Well, heck, start off right and get yourself a PCC or OCC heifer! ;-) Don't know if there are any that are for sale other than weaned and bred's though. The bred heifers, non-registered, go for from $1000 to $1250. At that sale in Burlington, CO, the registered heifers brought from $2000 to $3800. :shock: If you wanna take a crack at a few producers, go to www.pharocattle.com and click on classifieds.

SFFarms":39okduww said:
Im looking at buying me a Angus Heifer. I looking for an yearling open with good epds and something away from 1680 gentics. I have been to some of of the local sales and i have seen them between $720-2200. Most precision influenced sold below $1000.

So my question is what would be a fair price? For an open 1 year old? Im not looking for the best just something i can A.I. and move on my small herd.

I know i will get mixed reponses if any. :)

Thanks,

SFF

Here's a link to the SC Angus Assn.

http://www.scangus.org/

Email some of these folks and tell them what you're interested in. Maybe they can help you.

Plenty of reputation breeders in you area. Before you get started in your venture, make sure you have adequate facilities, an experienced AI tech, possibly a semen tank and of course ,patience. Good luck!!!!

ps I sent you a PM

Latest posts