Angus Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

ND

Reaction score
Who is your favorite proven Angus heifer bull that you have used? please explain, thanks

B/R New Design 036. We started using him on heifers. We liked him so well, we used him on cows, too. He put some frame on the smaller cattle, added marbling, decreased backfat. His sons did well on performance tests. Disposition was ok. Plus, they are pretty calves.

If we're selling a heifer as bred, we breed her to an inexpensive, "sure fire" calving ease bull. I was pleased with our PFred calves last year. We used him on some heifers that we planned to sell and ended up calving a couple of them out. If we're keeping the heifer, we'll use some of the 036 we have left. We've got a couple of 5175 heifers that we may keep. We're thinking about using EXT on them. What do you think?

N Bar Emulation EXT has been one of our favorite bulls to use. Our EXT sons and daughters have been very docile and his daughters have been as good a cow as you want to see and his bulls have always been the most popular with the buyers. He will correct a cows udder as well as any bull will, and his calves will always have extra length.

I like Krugerrand 410H. Decent carcass EPD's, throws a showy calf, if the cow is up to it. We've also had good luck with Future Direction, before his semen got too expensive.

6m, do you know what your average birth weights were on your 410h calves? thanks

We raised a son of TC Moonshine that has been excellent. He does a lot of things better than Moonshine did himself. His 1st daughters calved and they are absolutely awesome. Light at birth, muscle, style and a attitude that is really excellent.

His mother is an absolute awesome Rainmaker/ Shoshone Prince cow!

I have yet to find an AI sire that will do a nicer job than what he does in a lot of ways. He's got numbers that match any AI sire to boot.

0.5 47 88 30

ND, we've averaged 75 lb. bw with Krugerrand. Just had a heifer calf out of my daughter's show heifer from last year. She was 72 lb.