Angus bull with muscle

Help Support CattleToday:

BC Marathon and TC Gridiron are two bulls to take a look at. If you go to Hoover Angus website (I am in no way associated with them) you can see progeny from Gridiron and Woodhill Statesman. Statesman carries a lot of muscle, maybe a little to much. Semex quit carrying him this year. I was hoping to breed a few of my weeker bodied cows to him. I have seen some progeny out of Baldridge Nebraska who had great thickness and mass. Boyd On Target seems to pass on a lot of musceling as well. Good Luck.

highvoltagecattleco said:
Boyd On Target seems to pass on a lot of musceling as well. quote]

I have used on target on a couple of herf based cows and he does add meat and frame to the calfs I have had out of him...

you might go to ABS and do a bull search with a 1 value on Muscling. It lists many of the bulls suggested and a few others.

Aero":3lrm9qn5 said:
welshmatt88":3lrm9qn5 said:
Hi all im from UK we got herd of 120 angus cows but the main problem at the moment is adding muscle into the herds.Just wondering which bulls you would recomend as being very muscley from over your side of the water .Personally i like Hoff Limited Edition but just wondered your thoughts.

well, i will get yall to roll your eyes at me.

are you looking for Angus muscle or Continental muscle. Breed characteristics of the Angus breed are: calving ease, high marbling, moderate muscle and frame. are you trying to make an animal that does it all (ty mike) or trying to make a perfect Angus animal?
I have said almost the same thing on here more than once. My belief is when you start breeding the muscle of a lot of continentals into the angus you will lose a lot of what has made the angus the most popular of the breeds today. As you say Aero-moderate muscle. Don't most on here tout middle of the road avoiding the extremes?? But as I alluded to in a previous post, we are all trying to breed that perfect animal (the outlier) according to our own perspective. JMO