Angus Bull SAV 8180 Traveler 004

Help Support CattleToday:

bulldealer

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this bull? Anyone planning on using him this spring? What kind of cows does he need to be bred to?
Is the semen getting hard to get?

Schaff's Angus Valley just completed their bull sale that featured his progeny and it averaged over $5,000 a head. From what I've heard his sire group was among the strongest in the sale.

I dont have any experience with this bull but I know a great deal about Schaff's program. I have bought bulls there for years. They have large frame score bulls that will definetely give you big calves in the fall. I am usually hesistant to keep replacements from these bulls since they get too big. I may be wrong but I've heard from a few people that Traveler 004 will give you really big cows. I think is YW EPD is like 113 or 115.

004 is one of the "phenom" bulls of today. he has superior growth numbers and decent carcass numbers. his calves are very valuable right now. saw a 2 month old ET heifer go for 2400 in GA

He will definitely be on of the "hot" bulls for the 2005/2006 breeding season ,if he isn't already.Champion Hill and SAV are promoting this bull and he has great performance #'s.Let's see how the progeny do in next year's production sales.

Latest posts