Angus AI choice

Help Support CattleToday:

welshmatt88

Reaction score
Any advice and thoughts on which bull i should use to AI some of my cows

cattle06-small1.jpg

RoyalSovereignApril2004_000.jpg

Rawburn_Transformer.jpg

There's a lot more to bull selection than photographs. What are the genetics of those bulls and what are the EPD's? What are their ages and do they have progeny to support the EPD's?

And most importantly - what is your production goal?

I like the second bull you posted, just an eye catcher with a lot of meat.

What are they, who's are they, pedigrees? just picture alone there is nothing wrong with any of them, but there could be depending on your goals.

The second bull is Netherton Royal soveriegn.From Scotland.His sire is TC Stockman 365.And his dams sire is Atahua Legacy.

The Third bull is Rawburn Transformer.One of Britains most influencial sires.

His sire is Hoff Great Western, and dam is wilibar tilda , a G T maximum daughter

Personally, I think the number #2 bull is a bit too posty on those back legs. Transformer looks better, as does the first bull. Honestly, the first bull would be my pick. They all look good because they're so fat, but he's easily the most well-balanced of the three. Maybe looks shorter bodied than the other two, but I think the pic gives that impression.

He carries his meat down well onto his hocks, is real deep through the guts and girth, straight over the top, short-necked and masculine-which is good. By the way, what's his breeding?

Latest posts